+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I met CEC requirements without one year experience

doble

Apr 25, 2017
Hello all,

Today I was checking my Express Entry profile and it was such a surprise when I saw that I'm now qualifying under the Canadian Experience Class. This would be great news, but what it's concerning to me is that I will be doing one year of Canadian work experience on the last week of July. In my Express Entry profile I set the start date of my current work as July 2016.

Why am I meeting the requirements if I still have more than one month left to get the one year experience? What should I do if they invite me in the next draw?

Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all,

Today I was checking my Express Entry profile and it was such a surprise when I saw that I'm now qualifying under the Canadian Experience Class. This would be great news, but what it's concerning to me is that I will be doing one year of Canadian work experience on the last week of July. In my Express Entry profile I set the start date of my current work as July 2016.

Why am I meeting the requirements if I still have more than one month left to get the one year experience? What should I do if they invite me in the next draw?

Thank you!
Hi

The system calculates month to month, not day to day, so it sees July 2016-June 2017 as a year. If you receive an ITA before you have 12 full months or experience, you need to decline.

doble

Apr 25, 2017
Hi

The system calculates month to month, not day to day, so it sees July 2016-June 2017 as a year. If you receive an ITA before you have 12 full months or experience, you need to decline.
Thank you very much for your response. Do you know what happens when I decline an ITA? Will I need to create a new profile to re-enter the pool?

doble

Apr 25, 2017
Thank you all! :)
I have one last question. What would happen if I get the ITA through the CEC but I would also be elegible through the FSW?

kskkim

Apr 7, 2017
Hello all,

Thank you!

Hello, I have question to you because I'm not qualifiying under the CEC even I work over 1year.
I set the start date of my current work as June 2016. But EE profile says it doen't match CEC.

Do you have any other work experiences before?
or when you make profile, you only put current occupation??

doble

Apr 25, 2017
Hello, I have question to you because I'm not qualifiying under the CEC even I work over 1year.
I set the start date of my current work as June 2016. But EE profile says it doen't match CEC.

Do you have any other work experiences before?
or when you make profile, you only put current occupation??
I have previous experience out of Canada. I didn't do anything special with this one, I just added my current position with the start date of July 2016 and since this week I'm meeting CEC requirements, which is surprising.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hello all,

Thank you!
The system usually gives 1 year experience in 1 month advance. I think because your work is still going on and the system counts the months not the weeks or days. It happened with me also. I did not decline my ITA, because when I submit my post ITA, I will have the required work experience in Canada. So if you decide not to decline the ITA, be sure you submit everything when you really have 1 year.

Reactions: Miracle2018

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The system usually gives 1 year experience in 1 month advance. I think because your work is still going on and the system counts the months not the weeks or days. It happened with me also. I did not decline my ITA, because when I submit my post ITA, I will have the required work experience in Canada. So if you decide not to decline the ITA, be sure you submit everything when you really have 1 year.
It doesn't matter what work experience you have when you submit the PR app. You needed to meet the requirements when you were actually issued the ITA. You didn't qualify for an invitation and should have refused it until you actually did qualify.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
It doesn't matter what work experience you have when you submit the PR app. You needed to meet the requirements when you were actually issued the ITA. You didn't qualify for an invitation and should have refused it until you actually did qualify.
You can not do anything, because the systeme gives you one year, even if you choose the option that you do not have one year work experience. I.had a same issue, I applied in FSW but the systeme accepted me in CEC, even 5 days were missing to have one year. Many people is facing wih this issue and they wrote on this forum that the submitting date is very important.

Reactions: Miracle2018

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
I have a question. The system asked you to enter personal reference code, which is a must in order to file EE. Did you enter "one year" when it asked you about your work experience? That's where the system determines if you are eligible. If you answered "1 year" (in fact you are not), of course the system says you are eligible, does not matter if you started working in July or not. If you still choose to submit your profile now even if you aren't eligible and you have your work start date shown as July, your application status will be showing "ineligible" after the submission.

In this case, you should only submit your profile when you are indeed 1 year eligible. In that case, when you enter "1 year" when the system asked you about your work experience and to decide your eligibility, the reference code will be valid (ONLY after you've worked for a full year).

Last edited:

doble

Apr 25, 2017
I have a question. The system asked you to enter personal reference code, which is a must in order to file EE. Did you enter "one year" when it asked you about your work experience? That's where the system determines if you are eligible. If you answered "1 year" (in fact you are not), of course the system says you are eligible, does not matter if you started working in July or not. If you still choose to submit your profile now even if you aren't eligible and you have your work start date shown as July, your application status will be showing "ineligible" after the submission.

In this case, you should only submit your profile when you are indeed 1 year eligible. In that case, when you enter "1 year" when the system asked you about your work experience and to decide your eligibility, the reference code will be valid (ONLY after you've worked for a full year).
I'm not sure what are you talking about. In my Express Entry profile it doesn't ask me if I have one year experience, I just add the experience to the work history with their start and finish dates. I have more than one year experience out of Canada so I was qualifying under the FSW, but from last week I'm qualifying under CEC as well when I still don't have a full year of Canadian work experience. There's no field where I can specify this.

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
I'm not sure what are you talking about. In my Express Entry profile it doesn't ask me if I have one year experience, I just add the experience to the work history with their start and finish dates. I have more than one year experience out of Canada so I was qualifying under the FSW, but from last week I'm qualifying under CEC as well when I still don't have a full year of Canadian work experience. There's no field where I can specify this.
"Please enter your personal reference code to begin your application. (required)"

The reference code is where to determine if you are eligible. When you are on cic online service and select express entry. It asks you to enter the reference code for the first step. In order to get a reference code, you need to answer questions. There is one question ask you how many years of working experience do you have in the past 3 years. If you answered "1 year" which you do not have, it'll give you a reference code saying you are eligible any way.

Did you not go through this step to get a reference code in order to apply under EE???

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

Last edited:

doble

Apr 25, 2017
Oh! I see what you mean now. You are talking about the eligibility tool. When I did that I did not select the 1 year option for the Canadian experience, but I did it for the other experience. That's fine and I don't think is the problem as I created my profile few months ago and I've been in the pool under FSW until now.

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
Oh! I see what you mean now. You are talking about the eligibility tool. When I did that I did not select the 1 year option for the Canadian experience, but I did it for the other experience. That's fine and I don't think is the problem as I created my profile few months ago and I've been in the pool under FSW until now.
Ok I got what you meant too! haha