+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I made a mistake on my PGWP extension application - Please advise !!!

SamM1993

Jun 13, 2016
Hello,

So here is what happened...

I applied for my post graduate work permit after graduating from a 4 year program and the pgwp was granted to me till my passport expiry (not for the full 3 years I was entitled).

I renewed my passport and applied for my pgwp extension for the full duration, but in my pgwp extension application I paid the wrong fee ($155 instead of $255). Thus my application was returned to me on 14 Apr 2016 by CIC after the date of expiry on my original pgwp which was 15 Feb 2016, because I paid the wrong fee. CIC asked me to apply with correct fee and also apply for restoration since my original pgwp had already expired by that time.

I was wondering if I will be granted an extension on my pgwp or if I'll be denied since my old pgwp had already expired by the time CIC returned my package and asked me to reapply with correct fee. I would also like to note that I reapplied for extension within 90 days of expiration of the original pgwp issued to me. I also attached a letter explaining my application was fine except for the incorrect fee.

Has anyone faced a similar situation? Any advice provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

fol

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamM1993 said:
Hello,

I applied for my post graduate work permit after graduating from a 4 year program and the pgwp was granted to me till my passport expiry (not for the full 3 years I was entitled).

I renewed my passport and applied for my pgwp extension for the full duration, but in my pgwp extension application I paid the wrong fee ($155 instead of $255). Thus my application was returned to me on 14 Apr 2016 by CIC after the date of expiry on my original pgwp which was 15 Feb 2016, because I paid the wrong fee. CIC asked me to apply with correct fee and also apply for restoration since my original pgwp had already expired by that time.

I was wondering if I will be granted an extension on my pgwp or if I'll be denied since my old pgwp had already expired by the time CIC returned my package and asked me to reapply with correct fee. I would also like to note that I reapplied for extension within 90 days of expiration of the original pgwp issued to me. I also attached a letter explaining my application was fine except for the incorrect fee.

Has anyone faced a similar situation? Any advice provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
You need to apply for restoration of your permit. Then when you get it, you need to find an employer to get you an LMIA then you need to earn points to qualify for PR

tbone2390

Jun 17, 2016
SamM1993 said:
Hello,

Thanks!
Hi there,

I've the exact same issue. Mine expired on May 25, 2016 and I got the application back on May 26. I re-applied the next day with the restoration fees and the other missing fees(total of CAD 455). One question though, did you use the same application form or did you fill and print a new one with the current status set to "RESTORATION"?

kumar30

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-01-2017
AOR Received.
29th Jan
Med's Done....
26th Nov
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2017
SamM1993 said:
Hello,

Thanks!
This is tricky... At the border they took 255 CAD to my friend but they took 155 CAD to my wife for same PGWP.... If your application is returned, then head towards to the border (if you have US VISA) and get it done at the flag point.

Arpi3351

Nov 21, 2019
This is tricky... At the border they took 255 CAD to my friend but they took 155 CAD to my wife for same PGWP.... If your application is returned, then head towards to the border (if you have US VISA) and get it done at the flag point.
hi,
They also took 155$ cad in border . Will it make any problem further?

madanipyla

May 29, 2020
Hello all,

I made a mistake in IMM5710 for PGWP application, details are : have you previously applied to enter or remain in canada? Answer has to be YES and need to explain about the previous study permits and extensions as well, but unfortunately i kept it as NO.
and i submitted my application yesterday 05-28-2020, what's the best step in this case as i am worried a lot! please help me out with your valuable comments.
thank you in advance!