+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I made a mistake in citizenship form & delivered to Sydney yesterday

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Is it better to wait for the AOR, or just send it out like that...?

Im thinking of sending just the application asap and explain that photos you have on the previous application... ?
Well you need complete new application and you can send it without waiting for old application to be returned.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Well you need complete new application and you can send it without waiting for old application to be returned.

1. The new application has to be complete with photos, as the old application be checked, and returned without creating a file, so the two applications will never meet.

Reactions: Iforti

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Oh boy, your situation is indeed unfortunate. Is there anyway you could request CanadaPost (or the courier used) to return your application back to you. I reckon there must be something as such to do, even at additional cost to yourself.

I personally would not bank on the AOR if I were you. Given your error, it seems quite likely you will have your application at hand within the next 3-4-5 months! Try speaking to the stores if they could potentially provide the service at an additional cost - with the financial implications of times as such, I reckon they would make an exception.

Good luck mate! I hope it works out - be sure to update us on what you end up doing.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Oh boy, your situation is indeed unfortunate. Is there anyway you could request CanadaPost (or the courier used) to return your application back to you. I reckon there must be something as such to do, even at additional cost to yourself.

I personally would not bank on the AOR if I were you. Given your error, it seems quite likely you will have your application at hand within the next 3-4-5 months! Try speaking to the stores if they could potentially provide the service at an additional cost - with the financial implications of times as such, I reckon they would make an exception.

Good luck mate! I hope it works out - be sure to update us on what you end up doing.
Once the application is delivered, the delivery service cannot get back the package from IRCC as it's considered government property.

Iforti

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly, I tried by all means to try and stop it today caue I mailed it with Canada post a regular mail but they’ve said we cant do anyhing once was collected.

I dont mind to send a new application, but what matters to me is I have to wait for the lockdown to be lifted for photos as at this time no one is allowed to do photos cause of the govt order of covid...

Guess I have to wait for the pics and then mail everything out once again... each way they’re not gonna take my application on their hands for 3 months from now....so Im still good.

Once the application is delivered, the delivery service cannot get back the package from IRCC as it's considered government property.