+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I Love Canada

Waitingforcitizenship

Oct 4, 2013
Hello Future Canadians
How are you spending your time in this waiting period, please explain. We are about to reach our goal, thinking when we are getting our test date, passing the test, oath ceremony, citizenship certificate, applying for passport, getting it and travelling with it and imagine the satisfaction we get when we open our Canada passport with our picture and name ,sitting in business class of our flight journey, sipping fresh coffee just given by air hostess, and please don't forget this forum. looking through the window with a successful smile of confidence.

please write your imaginations and feelings here ,so we can enjoy our waiting time.

reynettevos

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
I will never forget the first time I entered Canada and crossed the border at Crystal City. I was overwelmed at the feeling of absolutely knowing that I was coming Home. My husband crossed later and admitted to experiencing the same. We have lived in Canada since 2007 and since day one we felt as though we were born in the wrong country. This Canada is our Homeland and thats it. Now it will be with pride we will soon in the near future take our Oath and apply for the passport and to us it will be more than just a travel document, to us it will finaly show that instead of being guests in Canada we are a legal son and daughter of this Great naion. We will only hold our Canadian Citizenship and not retain our current one and thus our loyalty is for Canada only.

123sMike

Star Member
May 20, 2013
Better be ready for an RQ..your expectations are too high, dont get disappointed with the time delay and the process...you look like you immigrated from war zone to this country..very high expectations

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
reynettevos said:
I will never forget the first time I entered Canada and crossed the border at Crystal City. I was overwelmed at the feeling of absolutely knowing that I was coming Home. My husband crossed later and admitted to experiencing the same. We have lived in Canada since 2007 and since day one we felt as though we were born in the wrong country. This Canada is our Homeland and thats it. Now it will be with pride we will soon in the near future take our Oath and apply for the passport and to us it will be more than just a travel document, to us it will finaly show that instead of being guests in Canada we are a legal son and daughter of this Great naion. We will only hold our Canadian Citizenship and not retain our current one and thus our loyalty is for Canada only.
Well said!

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
123sMike said:
Better be ready for an RQ..your expectations are too high, dont get disappointed with the time delay and the process...you look like you immigrated from war zone to this country..very high expectations
Ill said...

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
123sMike said:
This is the truth ..there is nothing well or ill about it !!
Truth is in the eye of the beholder. The former person's comment was highly inspirational and truthful, as far as she/he was concerned. There are people who prefer to focus on positive things and emotions. My hat is off to such individuals. And, there are people like yourself; who would always find a fly in the ointment. Please just keep your truth to yourself.

reynettevos

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
We too like every one else dont want RQ but that being said we do realize that we Are only guests at this point and as a guests we respect the way our host does things. Not by any means are we always happy or comfortable how they do things but realize that because of a few applicants indescression the vast majotity of applicants are now in limbo.
We are from a country that made us feel like we were outsiders and treated us like strangers. Yes the process does put our lives on hold, but we look toward the finishline and the reward will be great.
Our expectation is no greater than any one else, we just take it in stride and dont think that we are entiteled to anything but see it as being extremely blessed when Canada bestoes that honor on us.

Mapleleaves

Sep 16, 2013
RussCan;

I may disagree with you in your request to let anybody holds his own truth which I believe contradicts with the freedom of speech we are enjoying in Canada. At the same time, I agree with you that positivity is pretty much needed in all situations and I believe whoever thinks this country is bad should ask himself " Why I am here then? ". Guys like those know for sure that Canada is a good country in many aspects but decide to focus on the negatives because this is what they know to do best.

For me, I enjoy this country to the utmost and I don't care when my citizenship would happen because what matters for me is the fact I am here privileged with my family.

Have a nice day everyone.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Waitingforcitizenship said:
Hello Future Canadians
How are you spending your time in this waiting period, please explain. We are about to reach our goal, thinking when we are getting our test date, passing the test, oath ceremony, citizenship certificate, applying for passport, getting it and travelling with it and imagine the satisfaction we get when we open our Canada passport with our picture and name ,sitting in business class of our flight journey, sipping fresh coffee just given by air hostess, and please don't forget this forum. looking through the window with a successful smile of confidence.

please write your imaginations and feelings here ,so we can enjoy our waiting time.
You are sweet! keep up the positive mood ;) and keep making the forum smile as we all need that! all the best.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Mapleleaves said:
RussCan;

I may disagree with you in your request to let anybody holds his own truth which I believe contradicts with the freedom of speech we are enjoying in Canada. At the same time, I agree with you that positivity is pretty much needed in all situations and I believe whoever thinks this country is bad should ask himself " Why I am here then? ". Guys like those know for sure that Canada is a good country in many aspects but decide to focus on the negatives because this is what they know to do best.

For me, I enjoy this country to the utmost and I don't care when my citizenship would happen because what matters for me is the fact I am here privileged with my family.

Have a nice day everyone.
Well said!

Not a rebut just a clarification. Agree with the fundamentals of free speech. At the same time, truth can be productive and nonproductive. For instance, the fact that life is transient and that we will all die is a truth. But what's the point of reminding about it to someone who is genuinely enjoying life and making the most out of every single moment?!

123sMike

Star Member
May 20, 2013
I just wanted you to take everything positive and negative along so you dont get emotionally drained..seen your posts, you look super excited to get your citizenship SOON that was my intent and not trying to pull anybody down..I did get an RQ even though I had rock solid case, so I try to make people aware of it..enjoy every moment in Canada and be a good citizen theirafter as well!!

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ever think that Australia one day will suffer from the same processing times as in Canada currently?