+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I lost my passport, but I have my work permit. Is my temporary work permit invalid ?

biswassounak

Aug 9, 2017
Hi, I lost my Indian passport. I am getting a new one soon. Does that make my work permit invalid since the travel document mentioned on my temporary work permit is the passport I lost ?
Also, once I get my new passport, do I have to apply for a new work permit with updated passport number of the new one ?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I lost my Indian passport. I am getting a new one soon. Does that make my work permit invalid since the travel document mentioned on my temporary work permit is the passport I lost ?
Also, once I get my new passport, do I have to apply for a new work permit with updated passport number of the new one ?

Thanks
Hi

Your work permit remains valid. You do not need to apply for a new one. However, you do need to apply for a new TRV.

Sachindra

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018

Thanks
Did u applied for the trv pls share your timeline,no you don't have to apply for a new work permit

biswassounak

Aug 9, 2017
Hi

Your work permit remains valid. You do not need to apply for a new one. However, you do need to apply for a new TRV.
Hi, thanks a lot. My TRV expired last December (1st dec 2017). I know I can stay in the country as long as my work permit is valid. I just can't come back once I leave without a TRV. So I'm going to apply for a new one when I get my new passport.