+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I lost my old passport

mometto77

Nov 13, 2009
Hi
I have the citizenship test, all my document with me except the old expired passport which has the landing visa that I got it when I landed to Canada.
However, I have now my new passport and I have only a copy from my expired passport that I lost it from page one to 9 that has landing Visa only. I don't have a copy for other pages that I used when I traveled to visit my family in Saudi Arabia.
Note: the lost passport includes the whole period that I stayed during three years in Canada, because after I applied to citizenship i renewed my passport that I have it now
my question is: are the immigration officer will accept this situation(lost old passport) or they will reject my case and they lose me the citizenship ??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mometto77 said:
Hi
I have the citizenship test, all my document with me except the old expired passport which has the landing visa that I got it when I landed to Canada.
However, I have now my new passport and I have only a copy from my expired passport that I lost it from page one to 9 that has landing Visa only. I don't have a copy for other pages that I used when I traveled to visit my family in Saudi Arabia.
Note: the lost passport includes the whole period that I stayed during three years in Canada, because after I applied to citizenship i renewed my passport that I have it now
my question is: are the immigration officer will accept this situation(lost old passport) or they will reject my case and they lose me the citizenship ??
No, expect an RQ to prove you were actually in Canada during those 3 years. CIC will consider it too convenient that the passport went missing.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I took the test, there were loads of people who'd lost their landing documents or passport or other documents and they were allowed to take the test but given instructions on what to do. The passport you can't replace but talk to your local CIC office and ask them if there is anything else you can bring to the exam.

mometto77

Nov 13, 2009
Hi all
Thank you so much for your response.
If I have a copy from my lost passport,is this will help me to avoid RQ ?
if I provided a full copy from my lost passport, is this will help me to avoid RQ or not??
can you please give me some examples of the proof of document instead of my lost passport that will help me to avoid RQ?
is it easy to visit the CIC before the day of my test to ask them about the replacement document s instead of my old lost passport??
or no need , I have to leave it untill the test day if they requested, I have to provide it?
Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know in Edmonton, it's a lot easier to visit the local CIC office than to call them because I have never found a phone number listed for them. Find out where yours is and attempt to visit them. It can be good to know beforehand what you need. Maybe having the copy is ok. Maybe you need to arrange something else. If you know beforehand, maybe you can have it done before the test.

Theimmigrant

Aug 25, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi mometto77,
In relation to your concern, just wondering if there is any update about your citizenship application and what happened during your interview?

Thanks,

mometto77 said:
Hi

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mometto77 said:
Hi
Hi,

If your case is straight forward the interviewer may not need your old expired passport. If he/she asks for it let them know you lost it and provide them with the photocopy of your old passport. They will understand that you are not trying to pull a fast one.

If your case is complicated with triggers for RQ then they may see even a genuine loss as a fabricated one. The burden then is on you.

So go prepared with your old passport copy and keep your fingers crossed that they dont ask for your old passport. Do not voluntarily tell them that you have lost your old passport. You need not reveal a fact until they ask about it.

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

i also lost my old passport and i will applied today so cross finger to not have a RQ. good luck to all who are in the same situation :D

cel_t_b

Nov 9, 2012
cassied said:
hi

i also lost my old passport and i will applied today so cross finger to not have a RQ. good luck to all who are in the same situation :D
Hi...can you please give an update on your interview? Did you get the Citizenship? Thank you.