+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I left Canada as a minor out of my will and I do not meet the residency obligation

Moah4901

Sep 7, 2021
How old are you at the moment?
22 years of age, I know the suspicion could be that I had ample amount of time to come back to Canada but I couldn’t for various reasons, but in the eyes of the Canadian government a reason I’d see best fit that they could understand why it took me so long to go back is because of my mothers negligence, abusive and manipulative behavior to have me out of Canada as a minor and not allowed me to have the opportunity back. The other reason being that the entire time I was in Djibouti since I was 19 (2020) year after year I would try to connect back with friends and family back In Canada to hear about my situation to gather money to help me to make my attempt back In Canada. I fully understand about my status and so on and my responsibility as a Canadian pr and importantly my intent to return to Canada and reside in it. Another reason is that I don’t have any other sort of education as my mother entrusted me to be accompanied by an abusive religious uncle who would try to alter who I am through his beliefs. I was not taken care of well at all and I was treated less than and worse than his kids and not even as equal. Overall to keep it simple and short my stay in Djibouti and out of Canada is that I was manipulated and abused and I have the opportunity to escape that now. Family and friends back in Canada are sending me money weekly to be out of my uncles presence for my own safety and trying to get me back here as quickly as possible.

Moah4901

Sep 7, 2021

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I would think the lack of a passport could be an issue. Not sure if you would need to apply for RTD and whether that would be accepted as a valid travel document from where you are. Applying for a Somali passport would add more complexity to what already sounds quite complicated.

Reactions: YVR123

Moah4901

Sep 7, 2021
I would think the lack of a passport could be an issue. Not sure if you would need to apply for RTD and whether that would be accepted as a valid travel document from where you are. Applying for a Somali passport would add more complexity to what already sounds quite complicated.
yikes, this is an unfortunate state i am in..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yikes, this is an unfortunate state i am in..
I missed the fact that you don't have a valid passport. You can't apply for a PRTD without a valid passport.

You have to be in Canada to apply for an RTD (refugee travel document). So I don't see that as a possible option for you either.

Moah4901

Sep 7, 2021
I missed the fact that you don't have a valid passport. You can't apply for a PRTD without a valid passport.

You have to be in Canada to apply for an RTD (refugee travel document). So I don't see that as a possible option for you either.
So there is no way I can apply for a PRTD ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So there is no way I can apply for a PRTD ?
You would need to renew your passport first.

You need to have a valid passport to apply for a PRTD.

Also, even if you could obtain the PRTD without a valid passport, you still need to have a valid passport to travel to Canada. You cannot board an airplane using just a PRTD. You must also have a valid passport.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Moah4901

Sep 7, 2021
You would need to renew your passport first.

You need to have a valid passport to apply for a PRTD.

Also, even if you could obtain the PRTD without a valid passport, you still need to have a valid passport to travel to Canada. You cannot board an airplane using just a PRTD. You must also have a valid passport.
i left Canada without a passport and my mother went back to Canada with only PRTD, I’m quite surprised and devastated to hear this. I’ll hear back from my lawyer in Saturday to see what’s possible but knowing this now means i don’t have a chance of returning.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
i left Canada without a passport and my mother went back to Canada with only PRTD, I’m quite surprised and devastated to hear this. I’ll hear back from my lawyer in Saturday to see what’s possible but knowing this now means i don’t have a chance of returning.
You need some kind of travel document to start. RTD (for refugee in Canada with PR) or a valid passport is what would help you. Some people get CI (Certificate Identification). Talk to you laywer if you have one already.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She couldn't have gone back on just a PRTD. That's impossible. She would have needed to have a valid passport - or be traveling on an RTD.

Reactions: Naturgrl and YVR123