+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have started Express Entry application

vyasch

Oct 11, 2015
Hello Members,
This thread is created to exchange ideas/information/tips about Express Entry (Canada PR).

I am from India and have begun the process for Express Entry. The first step was to search for a consultant. I met with 6 consultants in my city (Ahmedabad) and finally I have selected one.
The first step was to purchase a Profile service to determine my eligibility. I got my eligibility points calculated for two countries - Canada and Australia. I qualify for both. Points are calculated on age, qualification, work experience, IELTS score, and fund availability. My age is 34. I am PhD in Marketing, have 10 years experience as Assistant Professor/Lecturer with management colleges/university in India. I am preparing for IELTS.
The second step was to opt for full services from that consultant. I paid the first installment and they send me list of documents required. I have all the documents to prove my (and my 3 dependents') age, nationality, qualifications, and funds. The consultant has asked to produce reference letters from all my previous employers (along with appointment letter, confirmation letter, promotion letter (if any), relieving letter and experience letter).
I have all documents from my present and previous employers, except Reference letters.
I am stuck at reference letters. Why they would be interested and kind enough to provide reference letter when they have already provided other mentioned documents when I left jobs.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
As per CIC all that they look for in a job reference letter are the following:
Purpose

To prove each work experience claim and to validate that the applicant meets program requirements

Document requirements

The personalized document checklist in MyCIC prompts the applicant with an upload field for each work experience declared.
At completeness check, the processing office only determines whether the required documents are included. The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed only if and when the application is placed into processing.
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

A reference or experience letter from the employer:
should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and e-mail address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company);
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.
if the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips, Notices of Assessment (NOA) and Option C printouts issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe, e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years).
if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income, and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner (if work experience in Canada is claimed)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Below is a sample for Reference Letter to be taken on the Company's Letter head:

Company Name
Address
City
State/Province
Country Name.

Date: 12th October 2015

Subject: Employment Reference Letter

To whom it may concern,
This is to certify that Mr. First Name Last Name was an employee of Company Name and was employed from 1st January 2014 until 30th November 2014.
Mr. First Name Last Name was employed on a Full-time basis working 48 hours per week as a Sales Engineer for IT Products. He received a total annual salary of USD/INR/AED XXX,XXX.

Main Responsibilities:
1) Promote sales to existing clients
2) Identify and solicit potential clients
3) Assess clients' needs and resources and recommend the appropriate goods or services
4) Provide input into product design where goods must be tailored to suit clients' needs
5) Develop reports and proposals as part of sales presentation to illustrate benefits from use of equipments or service.
6) Estimate costs of installing and maintaining equipment or service.
7) Prepare and administer sales contracts
8) Consult with clients after sale to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.

Sincerely yours,

Mr./Ms. First Name Last Name
Manager/Director
Tel. No.
E-mail: (Official e-mail address)

I hope this helps.