+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i have some questions please help and much appreciate it

Jun 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello , first question is : where i need to declare that i have over 10k CAD so in homeland from where i am coming or in Canada in the airport at first entry point ?
second question i am coming as tourist for three months but i am bringing good amount of money because i want make a great trip in Canada visiting many cities such as Toronto , Calgary , Vancouver etc.. so i need open a bank account , so as tourist/visitor can i do this ?
third question can i rent any apartment or privet room does not matter where in canada, i may need to rent for month or two and who knows i may stay legally for more three months so i would try to rent with AIRBNB can i do this easily ? i heard that i need a credit history but come on i am new comer to canada and i have nice amount of money in my bank so can i rent or not ?

Thanks in advance .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) You declare that you have more than $10K on the customs declaration card. This card is given to you on the airplane shortly before you land in Canada.
2) Not all banks like opening a bank account for people without social insurance numbers. You may have to visit a number of branches until you find one that is willing to deal with you. You should make sure that you have other pieces of ID with you (not just your passport) and you may also have provide some sort of explanation of where your funds came from. If you are withdrawing the funds from a bank account in your home country then I would bring several months of bank statements to prove these funds are yours. It's possible banks may refuse to deal with you completely if they can't determine the source of your funds.
3) Yes - you can rent a room. Whether you'll be able to do it easily is another matter. If you go through airbnb, you should certainly be able to find a place. I would expect you'll end up paying more than someone who is living, working or studying in Canada since you can't provide proof of employment or studies and are therefore a riskier tenant.