+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have some questions after recieved PPR

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Hey guys,
I got some questions, please advice if you had same experienced.
1. How long will I recieved landing document after mailing the passport to Ottawa?
2. Can I traveling back-home after landing but without Issued PR card? Do I need to apply any traveling document before I leave Canada?

Thank you!

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Re: I have some question after recieved PPR

phrixus said:
Hey guys,
I got some questions, please advice if you had same experienced.
1. How long will I recieved landing document after mailing the passport to Ottawa?
2. Can I traveling back-home after landing but without Issued PR card? Do I need to apply any traveling document before I leave Canada?

Thank you!
PR card is not a mandatory document. The visa stamped in your passport will be more than enough for traveling purpose.

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014

SAJ_ee2015 said:
PR card is not a mandatory document. The visa stamped in your passport will be more than enough for traveling purpose.
Thank you SAJ_ee2015
I wanna do landing once I recieved my landing document, then go traveling few weeks after. I knew I won't have PR card so soon, is that okay I leave Canada at the moment?

Many thanks!

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015

SAJ_ee2015 said:
For now. That will change March 15, 2016.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014

kateg said:
For now. That will change March 15, 2016.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp
Thank you Kateg, it helps a lot,
Do you suggest that I do landing after holiday back from my original country? Then I will not have the problem with traveling issue. Otherwise I have to stay inland to wait until I got my PR card, or apply traveling document, it's extra cost.....

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015

phrixus said:
Thank you Kateg, it helps a lot,
Do you suggest that I do landing after holiday back from my original country? Then I will not have the problem with traveling issue. Otherwise I have to stay inland to wait until I got my PR card, or apply traveling document, it's extra cost.....
What I would suggest ultimately depends on you. If you want Citizenship as soon as possible, your days only start once you're a permanent resident.

As it currently stands, you don't need a P/R card to travel to Canada. If you have someone you trust to receive your card for you, they can get it and mail it to you, or hand it to you when you get back.

Be aware, though, that in the future you will need the card (or other travel document) to return to Canada. They are doing this to help address people who have missed too many days and lose their P/R. They fly all the way to Canada, only to be turned around again.

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014

kateg said:
What I would suggest ultimately depends on you. If you want Citizenship as soon as possible, your days only start once you're a permanent resident.

As it currently stands, you don't need a P/R card to travel to Canada. If you have someone you trust to receive your card for you, they can get it and mail it to you, or hand it to you when you get back.

Be aware, though, that in the future you will need the card (or other travel document) to return to Canada. They are doing this to help address people who have missed too many days and lose their P/R. They fly all the way to Canada, only to be turned around again.
Thank you Kateg for suggestions,

I just need to go back for few weeks (less than a month) then will travel back to Canada.

I am thinking once I have my landing paper and valid visa (one time entry). keep that one and lave Canada to my original country, come back in few weeks after. Use the landing paper with visa to land Canada, stay staeady and wait for PR card, then I do not need to spend extra money and time to apply traveling document.