+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i have queries :(

Joykhyut

Dec 3, 2010
ive posted a topic b4 but i think that my post was too vague...

im a filipina, 23 years old and a registered nurse. graduated 2008 but unfortunately i am not practicing yet my profession. i have a common law partner, 25 y/o, for 15 months already (1 year and 2 months) who is a registered nurse and still not practicing his profession. we are both medical representative for a year.

my 1st degree cousin who is a resident in mannitoba canada plan to help me to go to canada. since i can use the family support stream. he is a caregiver in canada and my said cousin was able to help my other cousin to go to canada so i think he is financially capable and im planning to use the show money style to prove i can support myself...

i have questions...
can i bring my commmon-law partner?? if i could bring him will he be able to work in mannitoba canada since i know that if i will bring my common law partner he will be my dependent and dependents are not allowed to work until a certain period of years, right?? or no since im applying for immigrant visa??
ive read other post that i can prove our relationship through pictures, billings, letters from parents and landlord etc so im curious if he can also apply for work when we get there.

and do i need to immediately take ielts exam prior to accomplishing my requirements? i am also planning take the CRNE exam there (licensure exam for nurses)

badly need some help :(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, you are required to include your common law partner in your application to immigrate. If your cousin can sponsor you for PR under the Manitoba provincial nominee program, your common law partner will also get PR. You will both be able to work but you need to get licensed in Canada before you can work as a nurse.