+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have open work permit. Want to extend by employer specific work permit

ma_anne23

Sep 24, 2019
Hello,
My post grad work permit will expire on Nov 2019. It is an open work permit so my employer’s name is not indicated in my current permit. I have been working with the same employer since 2016 and i am extending my work permit LMIA Exempt.
In the form IMM 5710, would i tick off what am i applying for is “an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer” or “work permit with the same employer”?
If anyone can enlighten me, that would be appreciated. Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
My post grad work permit will expire on Nov 2019. It is an open work permit so my employer’s name is not indicated in my current permit. I have been working with the same employer since 2016 and i am extending my work permit LMIA Exempt.
In the form IMM 5710, would i tick off what am i applying for is “an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer” or “work permit with the same employer”?
If anyone can enlighten me, that would be appreciated. Thanks
On what grounds do you think you qualify for an LMIA-exempt closed work permit?

ma_anne23

Sep 24, 2019
I am applying via Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program. I already have my Referral adn Endorsement Letter from the province. Just waiting for my employer to pay the compliance fee. While waiting i am doing all the paperworks.