+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have only one year of ITR for my parents; will it work for SDS Canada Study Visa?

May 16, 2021
Hello All,

I have got an admit for Masters in Computer Science for Fall21 Term from a good Canada University. I will pay a one-year fee and GIC so that I can apply under SDS.
But for the Visa financial documents, I have only one year of ITR for my parents. Can someone please suggest to me what can be done in this case?
I am considering taking my maternal Uncle as my co-sponsor along with my mother so that at least he can provide 2 years of ITR. Will this work ?

PS: I have 90% in Bachelor's in Computer Science + 3 years of Work Experience

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
You don't need an ITR or any other financial document or proof if your application meets SDS criteria. 1 year fees payment and GIC should be good.

May 16, 2021
Thank you, Sir for the reply.

But my fees are 15Lacs (First Year) and 6 Lac GIC. My 2nd Year fee is 5 Lacs. My Maternal Uncle is helping me to pay the 1st-year fee and GIC amount.
I cannot add my Maternal Uncle as my sponsor in the Visa application.

I have to add my Parent' names but I have a total of 7 Lacs ITR filed on their names.

Please suggest what I can do here. I do not have a strong financial background but my profile otherwise is strong in education.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Thank you, Sir for the reply.

But my fees are 15Lacs (First Year) and 6 Lac GIC. My 2nd Year fee is 5 Lacs. My Maternal Uncle is helping me to pay the 1st-year fee and GIC amount.
I cannot add my Maternal Uncle as my sponsor in the Visa application.

I have to add my Parent' names but I have a total of 7 Lacs ITR filed on their names.

Please suggest what I can do here. I do not have a strong financial background but my profile otherwise is strong in education.
SDS was meant to simplify the application documents requirement for international students from certain countries. You only need to pay 1 year fees and deposit CAD$10K as financial documents. Submit more docs and the VO might treat your application as Non-SDS.

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
That's right. Keep it simple. 1 year fees paid receipt and GIC, just these 2 are good as financial documents. Moreover if your previous education and experience is strong and relevant, and new program in Canada would add value to the same, there will be no problems in your visa approval. Have a well written SoP as well.

May 16, 2021
That's right. Keep it simple. 1 year fees paid receipt and GIC, just these 2 are good as financial documents. Moreover if your previous education and experience is strong and relevant, and new program in Canada would add value to the same, there will be no problems in your visa approval. Have a well written SoP as well.
Thanks, Sir for the response. I agree with your point but I have seen so many colleagues of mine who kept it simple and still their profile was rejected saying they might not come back and didn't show strong ties to the country. So they then added financial liquid proofs and got their VISA accepted.
So I am a little confused here about the procedure.

Many say that the more docs you add, the stronger your profile becomes. Can you please clear it ?

May 16, 2021
SDS was meant to simplify the application documents requirement for international students from certain countries. You only need to pay 1 year fees and deposit CAD$10K as financial documents. Submit more docs and the VO might treat your application as Non-SDS.
Thanks, Sir for the response. I agree with your point but I have seen so many colleagues of mine who kept it simple and still their profile was rejected saying they might not come back and didn't show strong ties to the country. So they then added financial liquid proofs and got their VISA accepted.

Many say that the more docs you add, the stronger your profile becomes. Can you please clear it ?

Rah123

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
Hello All,

I have got an admit for Masters in Computer Science for Fall21 Term from a good Canada University. I will pay a one-year fee and GIC so that I can apply under SDS.
But for the Visa financial documents, I have only one year of ITR for my parents. Can someone please suggest to me what can be done in this case?
I am considering taking my maternal Uncle as my co-sponsor along with my mother so that at least he can provide 2 years of ITR. Will this work ?

PS: I have 90% in Bachelor's in Computer Science + 3 years of Work Experience
If you have ITR of 7 lacs then you should submit ur ITR because it will increase your visa chances.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018

Each case is different, even with similar profiles. Without GCMS, you will not know the exact reason for refusal except the generic response based from a template. A couple of members here claimed that they got approval even without paying a semester and only paid the college deposit. Yet they were able to secure approvals.
While some got refused even when they showed more than the required financial proofs.

You mentioned that they were refused because they didn’t show strong ties to home country? If that is the case, reason for refusal was not financial then. Approval depends on a lot of factors. Financial is just one of them.

Personally, I would go with what is written in the IRCC website. I would still consider other anecdotal statements but will thread with caution. Just my two-cents.