+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i have messed up my physical presence calculator :(

countyboy

Mar 16, 2018
I applied for my citizenship last year when I was doing physical presence calculation, i checked my fly tickets on the email, and used that data but i forgot that i had changed my flight :( i am still above 1095 days but the dates for one of my trips are wrong. i was wondering few days ago why I am being called to an interview despite passing citizenship test, and that might be the reason. I should have looked at the stamp dates. I would appreciate any help tremendously. do you think my application will be rejected?! i am literally having a panic attack. what should i do?! should i wait for an interview date and explain the situation?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I applied for my citizenship last year when I was doing physical presence calculation, i checked my fly tickets on the email, and used that data but i forgot that i had changed my flight :( i am still above 1095 days but the dates for one of my trips are wrong. i was wondering few days ago why I am being called to an interview despite passing citizenship test, and that might be the reason. I should have looked at the stamp dates. I would appreciate any help tremendously. do you think my application will be rejected?! i am literally having a panic attack. what should i do?! should i wait for an interview date and explain the situation?
IRCC is well aware that people make mistakes (but that many are not much forgiving when IRCC makes mistakes), and they allow for that, within a reasonable range of course.

Most adult applicants should be interviewed now, or at least going forward. The guidelines for processing provide that all adult applicants are to be interviewed. And it appears IRCC is headed back to doing that after suspending interviews due to Covid. So the fact you have been required to attend an interview should not, not in itself, suggest there are any significant concerns.

Be prepared to acknowledge and explain the mistake, and do a recalculation of your physical presence. If the error is not egregious and there is no suggestion of an attempt to mislead, and if as you say even after recalculating your presence you still meet the physical presence requirement (hopefully with at least a bit of a margin over it still), this should NOT cause much of a problem, let alone serious problems.

Corrections can be made by webform but with an interview already scheduled probably just as well to wait and address it then.

Reactions: countyboy

countyboy

Mar 16, 2018
IRCC is well aware that people make mistakes (but that many are not much forgiving when IRCC makes mistakes), and they allow for that, within a reasonable range of course.

Most adult applicants should be interviewed now, or at least going forward. The guidelines for processing provide that all adult applicants are to be interviewed. And it appears IRCC is headed back to doing that after suspending interviews due to Covid. So the fact you have been required to attend an interview should not, not in itself, suggest there are any significant concerns.

Be prepared to acknowledge and explain the mistake, and do a recalculation of your physical presence. If the error is not egregious and there is no suggestion of an attempt to mislead, and if as you say even after recalculating your presence you still meet the physical presence requirement (hopefully with at least a bit of a margin over it still), this should NOT cause much of a problem, let alone serious problems.

Corrections can be made by web form but with an interview already scheduled probably just as well to wait and address it then.
thank you for the advice! really appreciate it. i was about to fill in web form and explain the situation. I know you are not an expert but do you think that holding off on web form submission is ok and explaining the issue on the interview date face to face ?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
How you tell IRCC doesn't matter much and probably has no effect in itself in your application.
If you think you'll feel more at ease the sooner you notify them, go for it! :)

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
thank you for the advice! really appreciate it. i was about to fill in web form and explain the situation. I know you are not an expert but do you think that holding off on web form submission is ok and explaining the issue on the interview date face to face ?
If there is one thing that I learned is to not send anything they didn't ask for. Go to the interview and explain the situation there. As you told, it might be that the reason why they are calling you but it doesn't mean that is the reason. But it is still up to you