+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have hearing date and my spouse just arrived

Awat

Sep 11, 2017
Hi all, I have a situation I will be thankful if you can help me.
I am a refugee claimant and I have hearing in December after a long waiting. I was alone when I arrived and I claimed at the airport. Now my spouse is here and he still didn't claim. Do you think if he claims they might postpone my hearing again in order to do it together? Our case is related to each other and I don't want my hearing to be postponed again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am a refugee claimant and I have hearing in December after a long waiting. I was alone when I arrived and I claimed at the airport. Now my spouse is here and he still didn't claim. Do you think if he claims they might postpone my hearing again in order to do it together? Our case is related to each other and I don't want my hearing to be postponed again.
You should speak with your lawyer. You also don't want to misrepresent yourself if you applied as a married person with no other family in Canada and that is no longer the case.

nirjhoroliver

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022
As far as my lawyer said, it's okay to have your spouse with you in Canada, he now can add if it's even delaying your hearing date a few days will be ended with a positive outcome and you can avoid the future delay. But remember NEVER LIED WITH THE IMMIGRATION .

nirjhoroliver

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022
As far as my lawyer said, it's okay to have your spouse with you in Canada, he now can add if it's even delaying your hearing date a few days will be ended with a positive outcome and you can avoid the future delay. But remember NEVER LIED WITH THE IMMIGRATION .
As far as my lawyer said, it's okay to have your spouse with you in Canada, he now can add if it's even delaying your hearing date a few days will be ended with a positive outcome and you can avoid the future delay. But remember NEVER LIED WITH IMMIGRATION.

Funinthesun

Nov 12, 2022
He can be your witness to your hearing and if he apply to be a refugee and the story is the same it will make it easier for him if you get a positive decision