+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have got CIT0520 and Full RQ at the same time. Anyone in the same situation?

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
1. Are the CO allowed to issue CIT0520 and full fledged RQ at the same time?
2. How do I deal with this?
3. In CIT 520 she is asking about formal movements from all teh countries I have travelled to even before landing?
4. Can my MP help?
5. Can I ask for a hearing myself to explain my circumstances and provide more details to a CO?
6. Do I have to fill the RQ within 45 days? is it possible is to write a letter that I am collecting the info but do not actually return the RQ within 45 days?

Will appreciate some advice on each point from the heros and champions and the members of this community?

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
mates,

Can yoou please provide your thoughts against each question. I desperately need your help! :-\

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
dabas said:
1. Are the CO allowed to issue CIT0520 and full fledged RQ at the same time?
2. How do I deal with this?
3. In CIT 520 she is asking about formal movements from all teh countries I have travelled to even before landing?
4. Can my MP help?
5. Can I ask for a hearing myself to explain my circumstances and provide more details to a CO?
6. Do I have to fill the RQ within 45 days? is it possible is to write a letter that I am collecting the info but do not actually return the RQ within 45 days?

Will appreciate some advice on each point from the heros and champions and the members of this community?
Dont panic, take it easy. Each official has his/her way of harassing the candidates.

Immediately apply for CBSA for travel history (Apply ATIP, it takes 30 days to get the report - get paper report)
Start collecting required documents to respond to full fledge RQ.

After 30 days, if you did not manage to complete the response to CIT520 & RQ, then write a letter to CIC explaining what's missing and request for additional time (Send by courier).

Hopefully, everything will be alright.

fishbone

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dabas said:
That doesn't feel right. Is the time before your landing within 4 years of your application date?

dabas said:
I don't think there's a way to request this.
--------------------------------------------------

I can understand the frustration you must be going through. Just focus on filling out the RQ and collecting your documents. It takes a little bit of effort but you'll be able to put everything together. I recommend making a copy of the blank RQ and filling a draft out before writing on the original. Also, be sure to make a copy of everything you send to them.

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
the CO asked for loads of documents and travel history from UAE and several European countries I have been there just for short sightseeing. Impossible to get the required docs on time.

Can I just write a letter and submit evidence that I requested the documents and ask for extension? I will fill the forms only when I receive the documents to maintain consistency between my answers and the forms?

is it possible to write a letter after 30 days and return the filled documents when I receive most of the documents?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
dabas said:
the CO asked for loads of documents and travel history from UAE and several European countries I have been there just for short sightseeing. Impossible to get the required docs on time.

Can I just write a letter and submit evidence that I requested the documents and ask for extension? I will fill the forms only when I receive the documents to maintain consistency between my answers and the forms?

is it possible to write a letter after 30 days and return the filled documents when I receive most of the documents?
Dude, even if you get all your docs ready in time you will still be rejected... As the other thread had made clear, you are not eligible... So just do yourself and CIC a favor and withdraw your application, that will save some time for both parties

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Dear Itsmyid,

I do not appreciate your response which prohbits participation and involvement of other members. I would rather you provive itemised response to each question regardless for the benefit of all or just be quiet!

To take informed decision, I need input to help. I explained that I am here on my own and need the members help as you do!!!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
dabas said:
Dear Itsmyid,

I do not appreciate your response which prohbits participation and involvement of other members. I would rather you provive itemised response to each question regardless for the benefit of all or just be quiet!

To take informed decision, I need input to help. I explained that I am here on my own and need the members help as you do!!!
Why would I prohibit the involvement from others? It's just the plain truth that with only 700+ days in Canada there's no way to get the approval, as many people already pointed out in your other threads, but it looks like you just want to hear what you want to hear rather than the truth, so, good luck and I won't burst your bubble

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dabas said:

I would send them whatever information you can within the 30 days and then request an extension to provide more. You must have some records of your international flights and travel (e.g. e-tickets, hotel bookings). I would print those as proof of travel dates. I would also send them additional proof that you meet the residency requirement for citizenship. One thing that really worked well for my husband were his credit card statement. He uses his credit card for everything and that made it easy to show which days he was in Canada and which days he was traveling outside of the country. When he got RQ, we actually made an excel spreadsheet where we listed each calendar day and then indicated what evidence we had to prove he was in Canada. Between bank statements, credit card statements, doctors appointments, employment records, flight tickets, etc. etc. - we were able to provide proof for about two thirds of the dates he was claiming for residency. His RQ was reviewed and approved in a week. It's all a matter of providing strong proof you meet RO.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
scylla said:
I would send them whatever information you can within the 30 days and then request an extension to provide more. You must have some records of your international flights and travel (e.g. e-tickets, hotel bookings). I would print those as proof of travel dates. I would also send them additional proof that you meet the residency requirement for citizenship. One thing that really worked well for my husband were his credit card statement. He uses his credit card for everything and that made it easy to show which days he was in Canada and which days he was traveling outside of the country. When he got RQ, we actually made an excel spreadsheet where we listed each calendar day and then indicated what evidence we had to prove he was in Canada. Between bank statements, credit card statements, doctors appointments, employment records, flight tickets, etc. etc. - we were able to provide proof for about two thirds of the dates he was claiming for residency. His RQ was reviewed and approved in a week. It's all a matter of providing strong proof you meet RO.
I think the problem of the OP is a little different . . . they need advice on how to present their case when there is very strong proof that they don't meet the RO . . .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nope said:
I think the problem of the OP is a little different . . . they need advice on how to present their case when there is very strong proof that they don't meet the RO . . .
If the OP doesn't meet RO - that's a completely different story. And it's not at all surprising that both the CIT0520 and RQ were issued.

In that case my advice is useless.

I would withdraw the application if RO hasn't been met. It's typically a complete waste of time going through the RQ process if you don't even qualify. But it's not my life...

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Scylla / Nope and other mebers outhere,

Thanks for the ideas and attempts to help. My situation is really difficult and I am on my own as my husband is overseas and did not attempt to apply as opposed to me.

Is there a good point of time to withdraw the application for citizenship whilst pursuing the PR renewal only. If I am to withdraw it, shall I do that after or before the PR renewal application?

Do I write a letter that I am collecting the evidence required to buy time until I get my PR renewal application in?

nope

Oct 3, 2015
Personally, I think your best bet is just to withdraw the citizenship application and not mention PR at all. Since you're in Canada, CIC is not going to proactively investigate your PR status. You, however, don't want to apply for renewal until you're sure that you've met the 730 day rolling criteria. There is no calculator for this, but you could use the citizenship one, with the caveat that it might be slightly different (i.e. a day when you are half in Canada and half out might count differently for citizenship or PR). However, it will give you a good general idea of where you are.

And remember, the PR obligation is rolling, which means you always have to meet it, not just at the end of 5 years.

However, I really think you won't have much trouble. Scylla will probably give you more authoritative advice -- but I suspect that if you simply withdraw your citizenship application, CIC will not think about you until you apply to renew your PR.

nkam

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
1. When I apply for PR after sometime, will they use the info and documents submitted for citizenship now?

2. Once my PR card is valid and renewed, CIC will chase me when I enter and verify 730 in 5 years obligations or do they in practice review it at the time of applications only?

3. My husband who is working overseas must be now at the risk of losing his PR on the lapse of 5 years?

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Can I delay the return of the RQ form, fill it later, and just send the documents I collected so far and provide a cover letter providing explanation?