+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have given biometrics for my student visa, but I am still asked to pay in my Express entry profile

parasgopani94

Jul 9, 2019
For my student visa, I gave my biometrics and it is not expired.
I recently received an invitation to apply for canada PR, on completing the application, I am asked to pay 85$ for biometrics when I have already uploaded the documents and linked them to my express entry profile.
What should I do?

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
For my student visa, I gave my biometrics and it is not expired.
I recently received an invitation to apply for canada PR, on completing the application, I am asked to pay 85$ for biometrics when I have already uploaded the documents and linked them to my express entry profile.
What should I do?
You will still be asked to submit your biometrics for your pr application regardless if you already submitted a biometric for your visa app.

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
But isn't the validity of biometrics 10 years? I have proof.
Yes, and you can still use it if you would apply for a student, tourist, or work visa. But for pr app, you have to give biometrics everytime you apply regardless if you have already a biometrics on file.

parasgopani94

Jul 9, 2019
You are right, I have received an biometrics letter, but there is one problem. It is asking me to leave canada for applying biometrics when I am already in canada, studying since May, 2019. What should I do? I cannot go to India now, can I apply in canada's biometrics centre or make a request to do the same?

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
You are right, I have received an biometrics letter, but there is one problem. It is asking me to leave canada for applying biometrics when I am already in canada, studying since May, 2019. What should I do? I cannot go to India now, can I apply in canada's biometrics centre or make a request to do the same?
We actually have the same problem. I arrived in Canada last July 31 through a work visa/permit and started work last August 1. I received my BIL last August 6, with an instruction saying that if I am already in Canada, I have to leave Canada in order for my bio to be taken. I submitted an inquiry if I can use the biometrics I submitted when I applied for my work visa or if I can go to any Point of Entry to have my bio taken. Unfortunately, I haven't received any reply from them yet. And my deadline is on Sept 6. It will be costly if I have to go back to the Philippines just to have my biometric taken not to mention I am not sure if I can come back in Canada after that without a problem.

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Hi,
I just found the answer at below mentioned thread saying that we are not required to go outside canada. Read the last answer at the bottom.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/for-biometrics-do-i-really-need-to-go-outside-canada.602370/

Thank you
I read that too but I still would like to hear from IRCC directly if I really need to give biometrics since I am already in Canada or if I am exempted. Already asked them through webform but I am still waiting for their answer.
Another question, in your online account, under the application form, is the line under your biometric information blank or is it filled up with your previous biometrics (student visa)?