+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have gap in studies , Do I need to submit an affidavit?

usefuluser

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone!!!!

I am from India and received an admission from a university in Montreal.I have done B.E(Electronics) and I have 5 years of IT experience.I have been admitted to Software Engineering course.I got the CAQ and medical tests and I am due to apply for VISA.So, while browsing vfs-canada India I found that I have to submit two forms in addition to CAQ,offer letter,passport,photos.They are namely Family Information Form and Student Questionnaire Form.

In Student Questionnaire Form, I have to list down the education/work experience since the age of 18.

Now the real thing :

• I have a gap of 1 year between my 10+2(2003) and B.E. start date(2004).
  • And I have a gap of 3 months after completing graduation and before joining the software company.

Now the reason for the gap :
  • I was preparing for competitive exam from from 2003-2004 period as I got low rank in the preceding year.
  • And I was waiting for joining date from the company from 01,June,2008 to 25,August,2008.My joining came on 25August,2008

Now, my confusion is that Do I need to submit some supporting documents for these gaps.I do not think that one can arrange any supporting documents.I am really scared as far as this thing is concerned.Does this impact my VISA acceptance from embassy.

Kindly guide me what should I do in this case.

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
No. You don't need to submit any affidavit. In student questionnaire form, mention your timeline. That's it.

usefuluser

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for replying to my question.

Will this be fine?

From To Name of company, employer, school, as applicable Activity Type of certificate or diploma issued / Position title if working
2003 2004 was preparing for the competitive exams Unemployed Not Applicable

Thanks

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
yes that would be ok.

jatinder751

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
none
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
usefuluser said:
Hello Everyone!!!!

I am from India and received an admission from a university in Montreal.I have done B.E(Electronics) and I have 5 years of IT experience.I have been admitted to Software Engineering course.I got the CAQ and medical tests and I am due to apply for VISA.So, while browsing vfs-canada India I found that I have to submit two forms in addition to CAQ,offer letter,passport,photos.They are namely Family Information Form and Student Questionnaire Form.

In Student Questionnaire Form, I have to list down the education/work experience since the age of 18.

Now the real thing :

• I have a gap of 1 year between my 10+2(2003) and B.E. start date(2004).
  • And I have a gap of 3 months after completing graduation and before joining the software company.

Now the reason for the gap :
  • I was preparing for competitive exam from from 2003-2004 period as I got low rank in the preceding year.
  • And I was waiting for joining date from the company from 01,June,2008 to 25,August,2008.My joining came on 25August,2008

Now, my confusion is that Do I need to submit some supporting documents for these gaps.I do not think that one can arrange any supporting documents.I am really scared as far as this thing is concerned.Does this impact my VISA acceptance from embassy.

Kindly guide me what should I do in this case.

no you dont need anything to submit, i was out of school for 2 years at the visa application time, but got no questions raised, but i would also like to refer you , probably the most common used statement by every cic employee,"every case is different",

but in general terms, no you dont have to worry too much about it,

good luck