+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have certain doubts

claudi12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
I doubt my representative who did our application. The application was submitted from Canada early August but when we last called for update, my husband was told all they could see was that my application was received but no icu nummer or other up dates apart from asking for an additional $135 which they did not include in the agreement when we first approach them. My gut feeling is that they receive more information but are not in a hurry to inform us. I wished we had done the application ourselves. I wonder if I or my hubby can call CIC for information, what do you guys think?
Thank you all
Claudi 12

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds about right to me.

It takes time for things to `happen'. It's only been maybe 5-6 weeks, right?!

Eventually, your representative will receive something, but until then...try to relax.

Calling CIC will be of no help, since you have assigned someone as your representative. This is the only person that CIC will communicate with.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Since it hasn't been so long since your application has been submitted, it's quite possible they haven't received anything. To see what others who applied the same time as you have received, go to the thread specific for August applicants. The sponsor will receive their UCI on the AOR and SA letters and the applicant will not receive it until the visa office sends them correspondence.

if you doubt your representative, then you can also fill out the form to remove them as your representative.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
To call the CIC and get any meaningful information you will require a UCI and/or an application number. You won't have that until they complete their initial cursory audit of the materials you sent (via representative), and until they have entered the case into GCMS.

They acknowledged that we submitted on Mar 02 2016 on May 13 2016.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
I agree with OPs that it might be too soon to receive UCI (sponsor's UCI) which you would need to contact IRCC.

FYI, our application was received by IRCC on 30 March 2016 but AOR1 was not received until 2 May 2016.

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
Don't know why they would ask for an additional $135. Did you pay your representative?

My timeline is to my left but if I recall I sent my application middle March and received AOR1 beginning May. I did call them before getting AOR1 and
they gave me a UCI # over the phone. Though you have to call them after your wait time if you haven't received your AOR1 yet.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Oh I didn't see the $135 comment.

The disbursements (what you pay the lawyer/representative to pay for the application) to CIC/IRCC should be C$1040. Whatever the arrangement between you and your representative was made I cannot speak to. I can tell you I was quoted C$10,000 as a retainer to hire a 'good' immigration lawyer from the region I live in. That also included the CIC/IRCC disbursements.

claudi12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Sorry for my late respond. I didn't see the three latest comment.
We went with a private family business to assist us with the application. For that they told us their fee to apply inland was $2500 and Outland as we decided to do was $1500. All the additional CIC fee we paid separately. No I still need to pay the landing fee of $490 I think it is. My husband was adviced not to pay it just yet which I despite but he thinks the people know better since that is what they do for a living and I still doubt that. Anyhow, my husband was called last week that he has to pay an additional $135, which he thinks must be the GST. Either way, I believe they had to include that in the price from the beginning. I don't think we have to pay a cent more since the agreement was $1500 to assist us with the application. I so regret our decision to go with a representative. Damage is already done, no need to cry over spilt milk. I want to cancel the representative involvement and deal with CUC ourselves. Thanks for all whom take their time to reply. Cheers

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
claudi12 said:
Sorry for my late respond. I didn't see the three latest comment.
We went with a private family business to assist us with the application. For that they told us their fee to apply inland was $2500 and Outland as we decided to do was $1500. All the additional CIC fee we paid separately. No I still need to pay the landing fee of $490 I think it is. My husband was adviced not to pay it just yet which I despite but he thinks the people know better since that is what they do for a living and I still doubt that. Anyhow, my husband was called last week that he has to pay an additional $135, which he thinks must be the GST. Either way, I believe they had to include that in the price from the beginning. I don't think we have to pay a cent more since the agreement was $1500 to assist us with the application. I so regret our decision to go with a representative. Damage is already done, no need to cry over spilt milk. I want to cancel the representative involvement and deal with CUC ourselves. Thanks for all whom take their time to reply. Cheers
Cancelling would be a good idea, if they will refund a portion of your money. There were notices up when we did our filing about unregistered consultants...

$1,500 x 0.13 (HST) = C$195. Could that be it?

Also, I am not sure that it's a good idea not paying the RPRF (C$490) upfront. Most cases seem to process faster when it's paid upfront.

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
I agree with profiler. Canceling would be a good idea. Something seems odd.

If you've paid the total fee you were contractually obligated to, and now they're asking for more money, you should be concerned. Sadly, there are plenty of immigration representation scams out there.

It will delay your application by at least 30-45 days if you don't pay your RPRF up front. If you can get your UCI number and/or application file number, I'd strongly suggest going online and paying the fee, then sending CIC a case specific enquiry email with your RPRF receipt attached.

claudi12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Oh man, how I wish the weekend could be over to take action. I need to be with my hubby sooner rather than later. He just threw a bombshell on me and I so desperate to be with him every second of the day. Being an Australian citizen, I know I can go and stay with him while the process is going but consider this particular situation I wonder if there is a ground of compassion we can apply for to speed up our application. Time is now our biggest enemy. To cancel the representative assistance, I received in a previous treat how to cancel it but I don't know where my application was sent and since I don't have an UCI number or any sort of other identification how will they know the request belongs to our application? I really need to take actions. My husband needs me and I need to be there for him, I can't wait for the decision of CIC to take drastic actions. Please, any help will be appreciated.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
If I understand correctly (please correct me if I am wrong), your husband is Canadian and your Australian?

To address the first issue (Cancelling without a UCI): You can try to call the CIC's call centre to get them to tell you your UCI. They will probably ask a litany of questions to help to identify you. So it would be handy to have your application with you. Once you have that, and/or an application number (ask for this too when you call!) you can fill out the "Use of a Representative" IMM 5476 form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5476e.pdf (Don't fill in section C). You can submit this via a Case Specific Enquiry (online web form -- you will need UCI and Application number for this too) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.

To address the second issue (Needing to be with him sooner): You can get an eTA and come to "visit". You can extend your stay when you are here. At the border, usually visitors are granted 6 months to visit Canada (unless they give you a visitor record or they write in a date by hand on your passport stamp). What you can do from there is, 30 days before your "visit" expires, apply online for an extension on your stay. There are people on this forum who do this indefinitely (until their PR was granted). Of course, you are at the mercy of the CIC and CBSA (when you enter), but it is an option. Here is the details on extending your stay: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

Best of luck!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You can just come to Canada as a visitor, as noted above. Have a return ticket with a specific date, proof of ties to Australia, proof the PR application has been submitted, and be clear when talking to the border agent that you are just visiting.

Ask the consultant for a copy of your application, all the original documents you gave them that haven't been sent in, and copies of correspondence sent to them about you from CIC. You should also cancel them as your representatives.

If they won't give you these things, and you have paid everything you have to according to the contract, you should lodge a formal complaint. If it is a Canadian immigration consultant, you can make a complaint about them here:
https://iccrc-crcic.info/

claudi12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Hi All,
My hubby has received his sa on Sep 16th and our file is sent to Sydney for processing.
Now that we have an UCI number I'll try to link my file. I wonder what the next step will be. They asked if we have not done my medical upfront to do it now and to pay for the landing fee if I haven't done. I'll be paying the fee today so not uncessary procrastination will occur. Please enlighten me what can possibly be the next steps? Thank you all.