+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have been refused the study permit for the CPA program

beti1234

Jun 15, 2018
Hello,
I applied fro study permit with appendix from CPA Western School of Business and have been refused with the below reason:
"Letter of acceptance states program involves full-time work with part -time studies. Co-op work experience cannot make up more than 50 % of total program of study . Intended program appears to exceed this ."

I contacted the CPA and they said that none of the students have been refused the study permit , the reply as below:
I believe the issue is that they have misunderstood the information in our appendix and think that you are required to do co-op work while taking the CPA preparatory courses. This is not the case. Students are not permitted to record work experience until they have already completed all CPA preparatory courses and been admitted into the CPA Professional Education Program, and even at that time there is no requirement that you work full-time concurrently with your studies. As Kim mentioned in her last email, we are not able to directly contact CIC on your behalf. However, I have written and attached a detailed letter for you that I hope will clarify the details of the CPA program and help you with your application.

Could someone advice how to proceed , how to contact the Immigration offices and if there is any chance to revisit my application based on the clarification from CPA?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I applied fro study permit with appendix from CPA Western School of Business and have been refused with the below reason:
"Letter of acceptance states program involves full-time work with part -time studies. Co-op work experience cannot make up more than 50 % of total program of study . Intended program appears to exceed this ."

I contacted the CPA and they said that none of the students have been refused the study permit , the reply as below:
I believe the issue is that they have misunderstood the information in our appendix and think that you are required to do co-op work while taking the CPA preparatory courses. This is not the case. Students are not permitted to record work experience until they have already completed all CPA preparatory courses and been admitted into the CPA Professional Education Program, and even at that time there is no requirement that you work full-time concurrently with your studies. As Kim mentioned in her last email, we are not able to directly contact CIC on your behalf. However, I have written and attached a detailed letter for you that I hope will clarify the details of the CPA program and help you with your application.

Could someone advice how to proceed , how to contact the Immigration offices and if there is any chance to revisit my application based on the clarification from CPA?
I assume you know this is a private college and you will not qualify for a post graduate work permit once you complete your studies. So pretty much zero chances of getting permanent residency in Canada based on your studies.

Accountingdude2893

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Scylla is correct on this matter. This school CPA Western of Business is unfortunately not recognized by the CIC as being eligible for PGWP. So I do not understand why do you even bother taking courses there. You could apply for another programs that are eligible for PGWP and do CPA courses online.

Noman1897

May 30, 2021
Hi Beti

What is the current status?
Did you get the visa afterwards or not?

I am also planning to do CPA from WSB.