+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have a visitor visa (V1) , and applied for a study permit. Will CIC issue me a new student visa?

talluncle

Jul 15, 2018
I have a visitor visa (V1) , and applied for a study permit. Will CIC issue me a new student visa or they will send me letter of introduction to enter to the country as a student?

So briefly summarizing my case:
I have a multiple-entry 5 years long visitor visa, I got accepted by the college and applied for the study permit online. My program is a year long, so I had to get a permit. My program is co-op, so I have applied co-op work permit together with my study permit.

So my question is will CIC need my passport to add a new student visa if approved or my visitor visa V1 TRV along with study permit is enough for me to enter the country as a student?

I am still waiting on the decision of CIC. During the wait time, my plan is to travel to Canada as a tourist and find accommodation for myself. As soon as they approve my study and work permit, I will leave the country (I will go to USA , I have a USA tourist visa, then will reenter to Canada as a student.

My concern is that whether CIC will need my passport after they make a decision on my application.

Thanks in advance, if you take your time and share your opinion or experience with me.

talluncle

Jul 15, 2018
Anyone have any opinion?
Please comment here if you have experience on the issue

Last edited:

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018
I have a visitor visa (V1) , and applied for a study permit. Will CIC issue me a new student visa or they will send me letter of introduction to enter to the country as a student?

I have a multiple-entry 5 years long visitor visa, I got accepted by the college and applied for the study permit online. My program is a year long, so I had to get a permit. My program is co-op, so I have applied co-op work permit together with my study permit.

So my question is will CIC need my passport to add a new student visa if approve.
Yes. Cic need your pp to stamp student visa

rohan555

Oct 7, 2017

So my question is will CIC need my passport to add a new student visa if approved or my visitor visa V1 TRV along with study permit is enough for me to enter the country as a student?

I am still waiting on the decision of CIC. During the wait time, my plan is to travel to Canada as a tourist and find accommodation for myself. As soon as they approve my study and work permit, I will leave the country (I will go to USA , I have a USA tourist visa, then will reenter to Canada as a student.

My concern is that whether CIC will need my passport after they make a decision on my application.

Thanks in advance, if you take your time and share your opinion or experience with me.
They will ask for your passport before issuing you a LOI, they won’t be issuing you a new Visa Sticker as you already have a multiple entry TRV.

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018
They will ask for your passport before issuing you a LOI, they won’t be issuing you a new Visa Sticker as you already have a multiple entry TRV.
Sorry u are wrong.
They will issue S1 , visa. And need passport to stamp it. Because, i also have visitors visa with multiple entry. Still they ask passport for S1 Visa.

Reactions: talluncle

hello_man

Jul 3, 2019

Hey whats the update ?
Did you get a new S-1 ?
Or they just sent you the letter of introduction to enter to the country as a student

talluncle

Jul 15, 2018
Hey whats the update ?
Did you get a new S-1 ?
Or they just sent you the letter of introduction to enter to the country as a student
they did ask for a passport and stamped a separate S-1 visa. Then When I arrived in Canada they issued me a study permit at the airport.