+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have a sealed U.S. criminal record for a charge that was dismissed.

aviever

Nov 14, 2019
Hi All,

I had a drug posession case and it has been dismissed pre trial in July 2019. I have taken FBI report but it shows up as i was arrested on that. I have case disposition from the court saying charges have been dismissed. Please, advise if i can apply for Canada PR? Can i apply for express entry?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Hi All,

I had a drug posession case and it has been dismissed pre trial in July 2019. I have taken FBI report but it shows up as i was arrested on that. I have case disposition from the court saying charges have been dismissed. Please, advise if i can apply for Canada PR? Can i apply for express entry?
1. Yes, you can apply, but one of the questions is "have you ever been arrested............? You have to answer yes, and include a copy of the dismissal.

aviever

Nov 14, 2019
HI

1. Yes, you can apply, but one of the questions is "have you ever been arrested............? You have to answer yes, and include a copy of the dismissal.
What are the chances of getting invitation? I have all the necessary qualifications to get a good score.

aviever

Nov 14, 2019
The chances of getting an invitation are related to your score and what the minimum score for invitations is at any one draw.
Thank you for responding. I Understand that, but my question is since i have a dismissed case will that affect getting an invitation?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thank you for responding. I Understand that, but my question is since i have a dismissed case will that affect getting an invitation?
I believe that the criminality question and check only comes up once you receive an invitation. I do not believe it's a factor that is counted in your CRS score and thus it's not part of your profile.

aviever

Nov 14, 2019
I believe that the criminality question and check only comes up once you receive an invitation. I do not believe it's a factor that is counted in your CRS score and thus it's not part of your profile.
ok, so the criminality check will be done after i get the invitation and provide necessary documentation. Will the case affect me getting the PR? Can they reject the application? Sorry, if i am being repetitive. But i want to confirm before i start the process.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Provided that you have documentation that indicates that the charges were dropped, it will not affect you getting the PR, as long as you declare the arrest and explain and prove the charges were dropped.

aviever

Nov 14, 2019
Provided that you have documentation that indicates that the charges were dropped, it will not affect you getting the PR, as long as you declare the arrest and explain and prove the charges were dropped.
Awesome, Thank you so much.