+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have a qualifying IELTS. Do I need still need CLB?

ontariobankerpnp

Mar 8, 2013
I'll be eligible to citizenship next month so I've started gathering my documents and I see I need to have a CLB. I already have my IELTS from when I di PR application. Can I just use that or do I still need to do CLB?

Thanks!.

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
ontariobankerpnp said:
I'll be eligible to citizenship next month so I've started gathering my documents and I see I need to have a CLB. I already have my IELTS from when I di PR application. Can I just use that or do I still need to do CLB?

Thanks!.
if it is general ielts you can submit it

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ontariobankerpnp said:

Thanks!.
Do you have your original IELTS with you or you submitted original when you applied for PR?:

If you have original then submit the photocopy of the document to CIC

Make sure here are the details for your reference:

International English Language Testing System (IELTS), general training, not the academic version You must have achieved a score of:
4.0 or higher in speaking, and
4.5 or higher in listening. (Please note: If the test was done before November 28, 2008, we will accept a level 4 or higher); or

You can read complete instruction guide from the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
ontariobankerpnp said:

Thanks!.
IELTS general even if expired will work if u still have the original report which they might verify. CLB is actually not enough. Having a CLB score (test for free) of 10 and over is simply not a valid proof, but a CLB of a 4 and a certificate from the govt sponsored LINC that helped u get to the passing score of 4 on CLB is what is considered official proof! Yes, it sounds STUPID and probably is as are most requirements/ rules.

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
cprak0 said:
IELTS general even if expired will work if u still have the original report which they might verify. CLB is actually not enough. Having a CLB score (test for free) of 10 and over is simply not a valid proof, but a CLB of a 4 and a certificate from the govt sponsored LINC that helped u get to the passing score of 4 on CLB is what is considered official proof! Yes, it sounds STUPID and probably is as are most requirements/ rules.
What about people who have submitted the original IELTS for PR and we only have a photocopy of the IELTS? I submitted a photocopy of IELTS. I also submitted my transcript from a Canadian University where I did my masters as means of language proof as well. :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fedex682 said:
What about people who have submitted the original IELTS for PR and we only have a photocopy of the IELTS? I submitted a photocopy of IELTS. I also submitted my transcript from a Canadian University where I did my masters as means of language proof as well. :)
1. A photocopy of IELTs is fine.

HR0112

Dec 22, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - Transfered to Colombo VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014, DD Encashed March 2nd.
Nomination.....
PER - MARCH 22nd
AOR Received.
May 11th
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Does IELTS required if education done in English in canada or abroad?