+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I Have a PR Card and am Planning to Apply for OHIP

flan

Jan 4, 2012
hi
i know that this might been asked more than once but each time there is different situation.

mine is as follows
1- my wife and me both have PR
2- we did our landing and then had to go back to my work in another country.
3- I did not do our OHIP during that time. since i did not know when I will manage to come and settle permanently.
4- now my wife is pregnant and expecting in may 2012
due to my work conditions I might be able to get to canada in April 2012
I am planning to start my OHIP application immediately but it is abvious that my wife will deliver before the OHIP is issued

My question based on this:
is there anyway to get covered for pregnancy expenses?

please note that currently we are still outside Canada

thank you for your help

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What if your wife goes alone before you go? She could have OHIP already by the time she has the baby.

Another option is not going to Ontario. You can go to almost any other province like Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Alberta and get instant coverage as a person who is moving from outside Canada. If you do that, you should live in that province for at least 6 months so they can not accuse you of abusing their health care..

flan

Jan 4, 2012
thank you for the quick response. I think i will go with your first suggestion and send her early.
just for my information:
what is the waiting period for issuing a passport for a new born baby once applied for it?

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
well passport can be issued in 3 days under express service but Ontario birth certificate will take time.
first you have to register birth and after registration is done you have to apply for birth certificate

the express service take 5 working days for birth certificate ,for further info click on link below:
http://www.ontario.ca/en/information_bundle/birthcertificates/119274.html#long

in urgent cases they issue in 2 days from toronto office but birth should be registered before that which can take 5 to 10 days.
plz be informed that for Canadian passport application u need Canadian guarantor so make sure u know some one who knows u from last 2 years and willing to sign.

for further info click on link below:
http://www.ppt.gc.ca/cdn/form.aspx?lang=eng&region=Canada