+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have a master's degree from montreal but have been living in Australia

Jaxonpolak

May 6, 2017
I have a master's degree of computer science from Montreal, and lived there for 2 years and 8 months during and after my studies. I left to Australia and did my phd here in IT (it's been almost 4 years). I wonder if my chance of getting a residency through Quebec, or Ontario are good given that I have been outside Canada for the past 4 years. Would having the degree from canada count in any positive way in the point counting for residency?

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
I have a master's degree of computer science from Montreal, and lived there for 2 years and 8 months during and after my studies. I left to Australia and did my phd here in IT (it's been almost 4 years). I wonder if my chance of getting a residency through Quebec, or Ontario are good given that I have been outside Canada for the past 4 years. Would having the degree from canada count in any positive way in the point counting for residency?

It could help you by either looking at Canada Experience Class (CEC) or Quebec Experience Program (PEQ). I'm pretty sure having a degree from Quebec will only be helpful to you.