+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and will travel to Canada to activate my PR. Do I need a Permanent Residende Travel Document (

pecanada2019

May 16, 2019
Hi! I have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and will travel to Canada to activate my PR. Do I need a Permanent Residende Travel Document (PRTD)? Do I need to apply for the eTA if I´m coming by air?

Last edited:

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hi! I have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and will travel to Canada to activate my PR. Do I need a Permanent Residende Travel Document (PRTD)? Do I need to apply for the eTA?
No. If you are from a visa-exempt country and have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document, you don’t need an eTA. However, if you haven’t received this document before your planned travel to Canada, you will need to apply for an eTA.

If you are from a visa-required country, a permanent resident visa will automatically be issued in your passport for your travel to Canada.

In both cases, make sure you travel to Canada with your valid passport and your valid Confirmation of Permanent Residence document.