+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i Got Visa Approval Today

sunil hans

Aug 11, 2016
I got visa today,i have applied at Chandigarh vfs on july 19.

but I got a problem-i have applied at university of winnipeg in HRM course and now they are saying that seats are full,either I have to change my college or Refund

please provide me Solutions??? its really urgent

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
Hi Sunil,

Its quite sad to hear that. University of Winnipeg has cancelled admissions to 23 students for project management course for Sept 16 and Jan 17 intake and 8 students just like you have received their Visa's. DO NOT BOOK travel tickets and take a letter of cancelation of seat from UofW or differed intake seat and inform the CIC on the same. If you travel on this VISA, you might be deported if you are not able to support your purpose of stay in canada. Winnipeg university is not entertaining any further queries as many anguished students launched complaints. But all in vain, apply for another university/college and get a fresh admit and Visa. Ensure you attach the letter of cancelation of seat from the uni during your next visa filing.
All the Best.

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
Yes, you can for next intake(Sept is not possible now) and there are a few formalities that you may need to complete with CIC.
Log-in to your GCKEY online account and apply for change of Education/University...
Get an admission by following the same procedure for any other college/university clearly stating that you have a permit till xyz date.
Get a fresh letter from your new University/College for extension of Visa permit and apply for extension atleast 6 months before your Visa expiry date.
Also, apply for refund from UofW and you may retain GIC account for next six months at 0.02% interest credited.
Do not wait and delay. Time is critical.
All the Best.

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
sunil hans said:
thank you for suggestions man,but really annoyed with the decision of university.
You are welcome buddy... but be positive,,, atleast you don't have to be skeptical about Visa anymore.
A friend of mine has suffered from same this intake and I can understand the unprofessional attitude of University and the state of the suffering students. Be sure of the university you apply next and since Canada is ready to take you, University is jus a matter of time... :)
All the Very Best...

Sky88

May 30, 2016
Is it really possible guys, that colleges or universities can cancel admissions of students after giving offer letter to students? :(

I mean how they can do that...

IKB

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
havent you applied to any other colleges or university? I mean we applied to two or three for options just in case... if u did.. then u can ask them if the seat is still available ? and then u can change your institution without applying again for visa..

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
So far it has only happened in Case of Uni of Winnipeg. Usually, in such cases University gives differed admission for next intake but in case of WInnipeg, they are just fooling around by promising students that they will get an admit in Jan, however, even Jan intake is full for PM/HRM and many other...Students will be again disheartened by false hopes. The most ironic part is that few students got their VISA's and University mailed them one month before orientation.