+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got Transcript but it is not sealed

Arun Joeph

Oct 22, 2018
Hi ,

I am in a serious dilemma. I have applied for my transcript from MG university. They provided the same but my issue is that the envelopes they have sent is not sealed. There is no mg university seal on the envelopes.But the envelope is from MG UNIVERSITY (since their address is printed on the envelope along with a QR Code).
I have read recently that the WES will reject transcript without seal. Can anyone help me?. Any valued comments will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Arun Joseph.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hi ,

I am in a serious dilemma. I have applied for my transcript from MG university. They provided the same but my issue is that the envelopes they have sent is not sealed. There is no mg university seal on the envelopes.But the envelope is from MG UNIVERSITY (since their address is printed on the envelope along with a QR Code).
I have read recently that the WES will reject transcript without seal. Can anyone help me?. Any valued comments will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Arun Joseph.
There is no value of unsealed transcripts not only for WES, but for all other agencies like IQAS, ICES etc as well. The transcripts have to be sealed and stamped by the university and the relevant university official has to sign over the back flap where the envelope is sealed. Then only those will be accepted by any of the agencies.

Reactions: Arun Joeph

Arun Joeph

Oct 22, 2018
There is no value of unsealed transcripts not only for WES, but for all other agencies like IQAS, ICES etc as well. The transcripts have to be sealed and stamped by the university and the relevant university official has to sign over the back flap where the envelope is sealed. Then only those will be accepted by any of the agencies.

Thanks for the reply. My university is MG university, an UGC accredited institute. When i inquired about the same to the officials, they said I have to repack the transcript envelope in another cover and send it.
My transcript came in university brown cover. I haven't opened it..

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
You said that it is unsealed, meaning the envelope is open, right? An open envelope will not be accepted by WES. If it is sealed by university with proper stamp and sign by relevant official, then you can put it in a bigger envelope with your degree copy and send it to WES.

Arun Joeph

Oct 22, 2018
You said that it is unsealed, meaning the envelope is open, right? An open envelope will not be accepted by WES. If it is sealed by university with proper stamp and sign by relevant official, then you can put it in a bigger envelope with your degree copy and send it to WES.
Dear samikdg,

Thank you for your valuable time. The envelope is not open (the flap is glued shut) but there is no seal/stamp on the flap of the envelope. Apart from that the whole envelope looks fine. But there is no university seal/stamp.

Regards,
Arun Joseph

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
In WES parlance, sealing an envelope means that it is closed and not open. :D
Having said that, university stamp is also an important component. There has to be stamp/sign or both on the flap of the envelope, else they'll not accept it.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Dear samikdg,

Thank you for your valuable time. The envelope is not open (the flap is glued shut) but there is no seal/stamp on the flap of the envelope. Apart from that the whole envelope looks fine. But there is no university seal/stamp.

Regards,
Arun Joseph
Most likely won't be accepted. There should be either a seal, stamp or signature on the flap.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Needs to either have a seal/stamp or signature. Only one of the two is adequate.

praveen2019

Dec 19, 2018
Hi Arun,

I am also stuck in same issue, can you please let us know, it it was accepted or you re applied for it.

Regards
Praveen.

Dear samikdg,

Regards,
Arun Joseph