+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got the following message from agency convincing me to apply through them

emad2411

Feb 1, 2016
please help me :-X :-X
please let me know if this information is right

As discussed with you over phone, you qualify for immigration to Canada. Canada is offering permanent residency visa for skilled immigrants under ‘federal skilled workers program.’ Candidates are assessed on the basis of age, education, work experience and language skills. Candidates with 67 points are eligible to apply for immigration. Your points are following : - 12 for age, 21 for education, 13 for work experience, 24 for English language (considering following band score in IELTS – 7 for reading, 7 for writing, 7 for speaking and 8 for listening) 5 (considering at least 5 bands in each module of IELTS for you wife) . You make a score of 75. Another point scale determines how soon you go to Canada. On the second point scale you score 413 – 95 (age), 112 (education), 116 (considering the above mentioned IELTS score), 8 (your wife’s education), 20 (considering only 6 bands in each for your wife), 25 (your IELTS and education combined) and 50 (your IELTS and work experience combined). In summation, you make a strong case and we recommend you start the application as soon as possible. This will improve your chances of success.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
emad2411 said:

As discussed with you over phone, you qualify for immigration to Canada. Canada is offering permanent residency visa for skilled immigrants under ‘federal skilled workers program.' Candidates are assessed on the basis of age, education, work experience and language skills. Candidates with 67 points are eligible to apply for immigration. Your points are following : - 12 for age, 21 for education, 13 for work experience, 24 for English language (considering following band score in IELTS – 7 for reading, 7 for writing, 7 for speaking and 8 for listening) 5 (considering at least 5 bands in each module of IELTS for you wife) . You make a score of 75. Another point scale determines how soon you go to Canada. On the second point scale you score 413 – 95 (age), 112 (education), 116 (considering the above mentioned IELTS score), 8 (your wife’s education), 20 (considering only 6 bands in each for your wife), 25 (your IELTS and education combined) and 50 (your IELTS and work experience combined). In summation, you make a strong case and we recommend you start the application as soon as possible. This will improve your chances of success.
Trust me, it is just a marketing gimmick. :)

I have experience hiring an agent/consultant as well as doing things on my own. As far as representatives are concerned, they will only guide you as to what all documents are required, what all needs to be included in the EE profile (they may also assist in filling up the same as well) and guide you as to what your NOC code could be etc. You will still have to arrange all the documents on your own. In the end, you will realize that you have paid them to tell you all the information which is readily available on the net, forums like this and OINP website. If you have time to read through posts on this forum, OINP website, blogs etc, you are good to go on your own. On the other hand if you are very busy and cannot spare time and you don't mind paying a hefty fee to the consultant/representative, then you can go for it.

But, believe me, it is not very difficult, who will know better about you, than YOU yourself. So, take the leap of faith, be prepared with all the documents and information before creating the Express Entry profile and double check before you submit it. After all, minor modifications to the profile can be done till you submit your application provided there is no drastic change in the score. What matters is, there should be documentary evidence to support your claim for points when the application is submitted.

A few people on the forum have reported that their representative had submitted the wrong information/missed out on some information. So, I would leave the decision to you. If I were you, I would have done it myself.

emad2411

Feb 1, 2016
Thanks

Actually i'm to do it by myself but till now i'm finding some difficulties.
I need at least to know how much score i could get if i proceed, i don't want to lose time for nothing.
as i understand if i can get 400+ then I can get an invitation from ONIP which support my profile to get ITA.
that's why i came here to clarify about this matter , after all i need to know my chances

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
If you don't have any serious issue, like ongoing divorce, inability to get documents, or other compliactions, you really dont need a lawyer.
There are people who have used a lawyer/consultant with success - fine if you have the money.
On the other hand, I champion the idea of doing it yourself;
1 - because it's your life and nobody can be more interested/careful than you
2- becuase When/If you get to Canada - you have to look for information and ways to get on with your life. Now you don't want to be going to a consultant for everything? I know some people who use consultants even for visit visas.

Anyway, you've come to the right forum. There's plenty of information here. Just search or ask a specific question. Plenty of people here to guide you.

Good luck!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
One_Topsy said:
If you don't have any serious issue, like ongoing divorce, inability to get documents, or other compliactions, you really dont need a lawyer.
There are people who have used a lawyer/consultant with success - fine if you have the money.
On the other hand, I champion the idea of doing it yourself;
1 - because it's your life and nobody can be more interested/careful than you
2- becuase When/If you get to Canada - you have to look for information and ways to get on with your life. Now you don't want to be going to a consultant for everything? I know some people who use consultants even for visit visas.

Anyway, you've come to the right forum. There's plenty of information here. Just search or ask a specific question. Plenty of people here to guide you.

Good luck!
I second your opinion!!

rhy2014

Sep 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't really agree that 'it's your life and nobody can be more interested/careful than you'. I have made various Visa applications, for Study and Tourism, but I stumbled upon this in the initial days which is why I hired a consultant later to help me out and at least for me, it has been a big help. They would suggest me with substitute documents if not get a new one, helped me with proper formats, precise information that's needed, guiding me about 'What's next?'. If I have any query whatsoever, they help to sort it out. I made mistakes with documents that they corrected. My consultant will not proceed ahead until I provided them with the exact document. If there's a single error, even a small one, they'll ask me to get it corrected. So, if you're not sure about yourself and your capabilities about doing this all by yourself, take help. Hiring a consultant/lawyer have their own prospects and constraints. There are fake, real and professional consultants. If you need help, you need to seek help from the professional ones.

At the end it's your decision, consultants do take money for help but they (not the fake ones) also provide the needed assistance.

thenewbie

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhy2014 said:
I don't really agree that 'it's your life and nobody can be more interested/careful than you'.
Let's be real here, consultants have multiple applications with multiple clients. Once they get your fees, you are just another case for them. Sure they can help you fill out the application but whether you get your application right or wrong, approved or declined is of no difference to them.

Skyler White

Jun 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emad2411 said:
Thanks

Actually i'm to do it by myself but till now i'm finding some difficulties.
I need at least to know how much score i could get if i proceed, i don't want to lose time for nothing.
as i understand if i can get 400+ then I can get an invitation from ONIP which support my profile to get ITA.
that's why i came here to clarify about this matter , after all i need to know my chances
Hi
This was the same question I posted 6 months back and I was strongly advised against hiring a consultant. I am glad I decided to take the advise and here I am, with the ITA and AOR already received, at a score of 475 (without PNP or job offer of course)!

I would recommend you check out cic.gc.ca since that is the bible and if you can spend half an hour every day on this forum reading the knowledge it has to offer, you will not require any consultants. They charge huge fee for no value add at all.

Of course if you have the funds and do not have the time to explore the process on your own, I would suggest you go for a consultant. Otherwise absolutely not!!

Good Luck!

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
In fact, even if you have extra money, then also you should not go with a consultant unless you don't have time. I have seen many candidates in this forum getting wrong or incomplete information from their consultants. You have a better chance if you do it on your own because you will know at every step what can go wrong and you will do it more diligently because only you can understand how important it is for you.

emad2411

Feb 1, 2016
thanks guy

I guess i'll proceed it by my self
still worried about the points

how much minimum i should get?

what about nominee programs what is the best and the easiest?

if you can guide me to some post talking about this matter

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emad2411 said:

As discussed with you over phone, you qualify for immigration to Canada. Canada is offering permanent residency visa for skilled immigrants under ‘federal skilled workers program.' Candidates are assessed on the basis of age, education, work experience and language skills. Candidates with 67 points are eligible to apply for immigration. Your points are following : - 12 for age, 21 for education, 13 for work experience, 24 for English language (considering following band score in IELTS – 7 for reading, 7 for writing, 7 for speaking and 8 for listening) 5 (considering at least 5 bands in each module of IELTS for you wife) . You make a score of 75. Another point scale determines how soon you go to Canada. On the second point scale you score 413 – 95 (age), 112 (education), 116 (considering the above mentioned IELTS score), 8 (your wife’s education), 20 (considering only 6 bands in each for your wife), 25 (your IELTS and education combined) and 50 (your IELTS and work experience combined). In summation, you make a strong case and we recommend you start the application as soon as possible. This will improve your chances of success.
I agree with others. I received similar assessment done by a consultant after paying a small fee. They were asking for around CAD1600 just as advance. When I asked questions based on knowledge from this forum, they could not answer most of them & then never contacted me after that. Instead you can use that amount for Ontario nomination which will help in getting ITA.

Are the IELTS scores mentioned above your actual scores or hypothetical scores used by agency? If not actual, then a lot will depend on your actual scores. Secondly, first calculation used by him is only a minimum criteria for FSWP. CRS score of 413 is not very high & will primarily help in invitation of Ontario Provincial Nomination.

N

newtoexpressentry

emad2411 said:
thanks guy

I guess i'll proceed it by my self
still worried about the points

how much minimum i should get?

what about nominee programs what is the best and the easiest?

if you can guide me to some post talking about this matter
there is no straight forward answer to ur question. It depends on your profile. You can use the below calculator to get a rough idea of what your score would be.
https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

I am in the same boat as you starting to get everything ready. I found the first thing I should do is get my english scores(IELTS etc). In the mean time I am getting police certificates ready. All this information is on CIC website so just go there
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/

For PNP go to google and read about PNP of every province. It requires hard work and lots of hours but getting an agent may not be good for u in the long term.
There is no magic formula u have to research and follow this forum.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
newtoexpressentry said:
In the mean time I am getting police certificates ready. All this information is on CIC website so just go there
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/
If you are in the initial stages of getting your IELTS and ECA, there is no need to arrange for PCC now as PCC comes with a 6 month validity for your current country. PCC would be required when you get an ITA. So you can get the PCC when you are closer to ITA.

You can refer to these links, if you have any queries related to Express Entry (thanks to the efforts of experienced forum members)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html

Patica

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Do it by your own. Consultants are a tremendous risk. After seen many mistakes they make, I do not trust them at all.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
thenewbie said:
Let's be real here, consultants have multiple applications with multiple clients. Once they get your fees, you are just another case for them. Sure they can help you fill out the application but whether you get your application right or wrong, approved or declined is of no difference to them.
I learned this the hard way when I submitted all the docs to my consultant earlier than the deadline she gave me for FSWP 2014...and then they took another 3 weeks before submitting my file to CIC, which of course, was rejected because the quota was reached. They advised me to go for a NOC that was the fastest to fill up, but then I realized too late my job description could easily fit into NOCs that didn't reach the cap so quickly.
If they really cared, or if they really knew what they were doing, they would've submitted my file right away, or would've advised me to apply with another NOC. I trusted them too much because I thought they were supposed to be professionals, but like someone else here said, no one else can give the same focus or importance on your own application than yourself.