+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got resusal for my visitor visa

Ajaymits001

Aug 1, 2018
Hi got refusal for my business visa with below reason
1. Travel history
2. Purpose to visit Canada
3.Having a legitimate business purpose in Canada

I have travelled Singapore multiple times on business visa and I attached my stamping on Passport and business visa for travel history.
Attached my invitation letter from and all the other documents

I didn't attached my bank statement and form 16

What is the reason for rejecting it ?

Should I attached both travel history and bank statements and form 16 ?

Can I apply again ?

Thanks
Ajay

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Do you do any business with a Canadian company? What is the purpose of your trip and for how long? Who is the invitation letter from and what is there relationship to you.

Travel to Singapore won’t count for much as a visa isn’t required.

Ajaymits001

Aug 1, 2018
Hi,
I am working in a software company, working on a Canadian client project.
I am going to travel Canada for business meeting with my client in this month and this trip was about to one month so my company raised visitor visa for me which got cancelled.
I have provided below documents

1. Visa Application form
2. Family information form
3. Travel history of my Singapore visit along with Singapore visa (which has been expired now)
4. Photograph
5. Invitation letter from my Canadian client
6. Passport details
7. Itinerary details with all the details ( meeting details with my client )
8. Flight tickets detail

But today I got refusal with below document was not provided
1. Travel history
2. Purpose to visit Canada
3.Having a legitimate business purpose in Canada.

Should I attached both travel history and bank statements and form 16 ?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
This is one of the biggest reasons....
I am going to travel Canada for business meeting with my client in this month and this trip was about to one month
. What business meeting lasts a month? For a business trip for a meeting, a week maximum. 2 weeks tops.

Another is that you either need a business visa and/or a work permit if your trip involves any sort of work in Canada for your Canadian client. Do you have an established contract with the Canadian company, have you done work for them before or any other companies in Canada? Did you attach copies of the contract to your application.

Reactions: Bryanna

Ajaymits001

Aug 1, 2018
One of my colleague applied for same visa type ( visitor visa) and his invitation form mentioned that he will take the knowledge transfer ( to learn the business process ) from their counter part and applied for 2 months and get the visa and didn't provided any contract

I haven't work on Canadian client before but my company having too many projects for Canadian client.

I attached the invitation letter and itinerary form.

But they rejected as travel history .

I have a question - should I provide my bank statement and pay slip?

And can I re- apply again with 2 weeks business trip?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You can ask for 2 weeks, but then I suspect IRCC will question why you now only need 2 weeks for your business meeting, as opposed to the month you requested earlier. Keep in mind that the reasons they have sent you are generic responses. The only way to know for sure is to apply for GCMS notes.

Here is my perspective based on the limited information you have provided (remember, I don't make the decision, but I can certainly think like a VO):
  • You have extremely limited travel history, none of it to visa required countries. Better to have established some travel history (US, UK, Schengen, Australia, etc) as visa's for Canada are difficult to acquire.
  • Who applied for your visa....you or the company? Are you an owner? What is your position in the company?
  • First application was way too long. If you applied talking about a business meeting, the assumption would be you would probably be able to wrap up a meeting in a week....TOPS. And why can't you do the meeting(s) via the web (I spent 7 years in Asia doing business meetings with clients in North America and Europe and only travelled 2 times for in person meetings. All the others were via phone/Skype)? Are you actually coming for a meeting or do you have alternate plans as well? What does the invitation letter from your Canadian customer say you are invited for?
  • The other issue I would question is who is paying for the trip? A business would normally pay for and arrange a trip like this, so personal finances shouldn't matter. Including them, to me, is suspicious. How long have you worked for your employer? Did your employer provide a letter explaining the reasons for your visit and financial support while you travel? Who will be paying your salary while you are in Canada?
  • Your colleagues ability to get a visa is irrelevant to your application. You should also note he travelled for knowledge transfer, not a business meeting.
  • Apart from the length of visit and travel history, I suspect IRCC doesn't believe you are a legitimate business visitor.

Reactions: Bryanna

PP62

Aug 16, 2014
One of my colleague applied for same visa type ( visitor visa) and his invitation form mentioned that he will take the knowledge transfer ( to learn the business process ) from their counter part and applied for 2 months and get the visa and didn't provided any contract

I haven't work on Canadian client before but my company having too many projects for Canadian client.

I attached the invitation letter and itinerary form.

But they rejected as travel history .

I have a question - should I provide my bank statement and pay slip?

And can I re- apply again with 2 weeks business trip?
How much time they took total processing time.?

Kones

Aug 16, 2018
Hello,
Please I would like to ask for assistance. I applied for a visitors visa. Just this morning, I got a message of refusal. Reasons are

My purpose of visit
My family ties in Canada and in country of residence
My personal assets and Financial status
My travel history

My purpose of visit is to visit my immediate kid brother who lives there on a permanent residency and also to visit a couple of other places. I intended to stay for 2 months or less and I own my personal business and needed a change of environment.
I actually didn’t get the second reason which is tied in Canada and in country of residence, I made no mistake while filling the family information or is there something else to this?
For my personal assests and financial status, I used a fixed deposit certificate which shows that I’ve upto 10million naira fixed. I was never asked for personal asset.
For my travel history, I’ve onlt been to Dubai and Togo and I provided a stamped page of it.
Please, I want to reapply and I need assistance on how to go about it so I don’t get denied again. A help or guideline from here will be appreciated.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello,
Please I would like to ask for assistance. I applied for a visitors visa. Just this morning, I got a message of refusal. Reasons are

My purpose of visit
My family ties in Canada and in country of residence
My personal assets and Financial status
My travel history

My purpose of visit is to visit my immediate kid brother who lives there on a permanent residency and also to visit a couple of other places. I intended to stay for 2 months or less and I own my personal business and needed a change of environment.
I actually didn’t get the second reason which is tied in Canada and in country of residence, I made no mistake while filling the family information or is there something else to this?
For my personal assests and financial status, I used a fixed deposit certificate which shows that I’ve upto 10million naira fixed. I was never asked for personal asset.
For my travel history, I’ve onlt been to Dubai and Togo and I provided a stamped page of it.
Please, I want to reapply and I need assistance on how to go about it so I don’t get denied again. A help or guideline from here will be appreciated.
1. 2 month visit? Big mistake. It shows your business is not a compelling enough tie if you can leave it for 2 months.

2. It means you are more likely to overstay in Canada BECAUSE of your brother who is a PR here.

3. Is that certificate the only thing you showed for financial assets? Another huge mistake. The instructions specifically state 4 months of bank statements (in addition to certificates). They want to see that the money has been there for a while and is truly yours, not instantly borrowed for the sake of a visa application, for example.

4. Those travels do not amount to much to IRCC. They want to see short travels to visa-required Western countries or Australia/NZ.

Shorten your trip to 2-3 weeks, show a daily itinerary, briefly explain how you will manage your business during/after your trip, show all pertinent business documents, show ALL your finances with staements and assets (property, car, investments, etc.) if you wish you reapply.

Last edited:

Kones

Aug 16, 2018
Thanks for your response, I appreciate.

About my stay, I can reduce to 2 weeks. Will that help or solve the problem on that aspect?
Should I apply as a tourist instead of visit and only get my brother involved since I will be staying at his place?
The certificate was the only thing I used as my financial status. But I’ve my tax clearance for the past 3 years, can I add it as a supporting document? About the certificate, it’s a new certificate recently issued but the money has been fixed for over 8 months. Please advice me properly here cos this place seem to lie my major issue. Also, I do not have a good statement of account that I can use to support right now.
Dubai and Togo seem to be the only countries I’ve been to, what do I do in this situation pls.
I intend to reapply but this time as a tourist, kindly give me ur best advice. Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks for your response, I appreciate.

About my stay, I can reduce to 2 weeks. Will that help or solve the problem on that aspect?
Should I apply as a tourist instead of visit and only get my brother involved since I will be staying at his place?
The certificate was the only thing I used as my financial status. But I’ve my tax clearance for the past 3 years, can I add it as a supporting document? About the certificate, it’s a new certificate recently issued but the money has been fixed for over 8 months. Please advice me properly here cos this place seem to lie my major issue. Also, I do not have a good statement of account that I can use to support right now.
Dubai and Togo seem to be the only countries I’ve been to, what do I do in this situation pls.
I intend to reapply but this time as a tourist, kindly give me ur best advice. Thanks
Tourist and family visit doesn’t really matter in my opinion. Choose one to your best judgement. What do you really intend to do in Canada anyway? If family visit, also better to have your brother provide an invitation letter.
Nothing you can do about your travel history.
Not sure if shortening the trip will certainly guarantee but it will help. Up to the officer to decide.

You’re on the right track now. You have to show as many ties to your home country (business, finances, assets, etc) as you can. Focus on this aspect more than your purpose in Canada. Include those documents you suggested, plus as many more that are relevant to show that you are successful/rooted in your home country and that you will leave Canada at the end of your trip.
If you do not have a good statement of account provide a brief letter explaining why that is the case. Did you spend it on your business? That is a good explanation. Show receipts, etc.

Bottom line, also try to cover/explain any possible holes in your profile.

Some applicants have also seen success by providing a cover letter addressing the previous reasons of refusal. I personally don’t think it’s necessary but maybe it will work for you.

Kones

Aug 16, 2018
Okay, thanks. This will be of great help.
In my previous(refusal) application, I stated visit and I was asked for an invitation letter as one of the documents to be provided which I did provide, I didn’t see that as a problem though cos it wasn’t stated as part of the reasons for the refusal.
I do not really have much to provide except the tax clearance receipts of the past four years and the certificate of the fixed deposit. I’m also a director in a family business(hotel), do I include the documents and which of them should I use?
My main purpose is to visit my kid brother and look around. I haven’t had time to travel out lately so I thought I use this period to do that? Does my duration of stay determine the number of months or years of the visa if I’m being granted?
About the statement of account issue, I can sort that out with your brief explanation. I appreciate a lot.
When you talk about possible holes in my profile, could you please shed more light on that so I understand. Thanks a lot

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Okay, thanks. This will be of great help.
In my previous(refusal) application, I stated visit and I was asked for an invitation letter as one of the documents to be provided which I did provide, I didn’t see that as a problem though cos it wasn’t stated as part of the reasons for the refusal.
I do not really have much to provide except the tax clearance receipts of the past four years and the certificate of the fixed deposit. I’m also a director in a family business(hotel), do I include the documents and which of them should I use?
My main purpose is to visit my kid brother and look around. I haven’t had time to travel out lately so I thought I use this period to do that? Does my duration of stay determine the number of months or years of the visa if I’m being granted?
About the statement of account issue, I can sort that out with your brief explanation. I appreciate a lot.
When you talk about possible holes in my profile, could you please shed more light on that so I understand. Thanks a lot
When I mean holes, I mean make sure you establish that you have reasons to return to your home country and not overstay in Canada.

Yes include the family business. If not in your name explain your role there. But preferably submit official/company statements, payroll etc. again, anything that ties you to return home.

Duration of stay does not influence visa length. That is decided based on your profile/documents.

Kones

Aug 16, 2018
Okay this would be fine. A quick one please, money for the hotel is not paid into my account directly. I collect cash so I won’t be able to provide my payroll as regards to that but I can provide the company’s statement of account and maybe company documents. Would that be fine? Company’s statement of account, do I scan all the pages of the four months or just the front page?