+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got refusal beacuse of wrong course choice.What is Relevant course for me?

Markus Gillian

Oct 20, 2021
My application has been refused beacuse of wrong course choice. I have bachelor of Arts degree from india with major subjects(economics, mathematics and computer science). Can any one suggest me relevant courses and institutions so i can get approval next time.
Thanks.

smartcard

Jul 26, 2011
My application has been refused beacuse of wrong course choice. I have bachelor of Arts degree from india with major subjects(economics, mathematics and computer science). Can any one suggest me relevant courses and institutions so i can get approval next time.
Thanks.
If you have a bachelor of Arts degree, did you choose a course in the same stream?

Markus Gillian

Oct 20, 2021
Do you have any related work experience where a Business Analytics credential would help you?
At the file lodgement time (i.e. March 2022 )i was working at family’s dairy farm as Buisness and Farm assistant.

I completed my Bachelor’s of Arts in 2021 and lodged file in March 2022 got refusal in June 2022. After lodging my file i got job in a private firm and i have been working as HR assitant since April but, i didn’t update my employment through web form.
Will it create any complications in future application?
Do i have to put my HR working experience from June or can i put from April month in future application?

I have GCMS notes which states exact words of the visa officer and given as below :-

Working on a family‘s dairy farm as business and farm assistant till date. On the review of the application of package, and considering previous education and lack of employment history, I am not satisfied that applicant has provided sufficient evidence to demonstrate that their motivation to pursue studies in Canada is a reasonable when weighed against local options available for similar programes, the high cost of international education in Canada and the potential career benefits. It is unclear how the applicants previous employment and scholary history aligns with the applicant’s proposed course of study. Rebuttal letter is vague;Is it general and it doesn’t not outline a clear career path for which an educational program would be of benefit or improve prospects back home. Based on the above balance, I am not to satisfied that this applicant is a bona fides student weighing the information on a hand in the specific case of the applicant has failed to establish that they are a Bonafide temporary resident who will leave Canada following the compilation of their studies pursuant to section 216(1)(b) of IRPR. Application refused.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
At the file lodgement time (i.e. March 2022 )i was working at family’s dairy farm as Buisness and Farm assistant.

I completed my Bachelor’s of Arts in 2021 and lodged file in March 2022 got refusal in June 2022. After lodging my file i got job in a private firm and i have been working as HR assitant since April but, i didn’t update my employment through web form.
Will it create any complications in future application?
Do i have to put my HR working experience from June or can i put from April month in future application?

I have GCMS notes which states exact words of the visa officer and given as below :-

Working on a family‘s dairy farm as business and farm assistant till date. On the review of the application of package, and considering previous education and lack of employment history, I am not satisfied that applicant has provided sufficient evidence to demonstrate that their motivation to pursue studies in Canada is a reasonable when weighed against local options available for similar programes, the high cost of international education in Canada and the potential career benefits. It is unclear how the applicants previous employment and scholary history aligns with the applicant’s proposed course of study. Rebuttal letter is vague;Is it general and it doesn’t not outline a clear career path for which an educational program would be of benefit or improve prospects back home. Based on the above balance, I am not to satisfied that this applicant is a bona fides student weighing the information on a hand in the specific case of the applicant has failed to establish that they are a Bonafide temporary resident who will leave Canada following the compilation of their studies pursuant to section 216(1)(b) of IRPR. Application refused.
So you need to respond to the GCMS notes as it is clear that VO doesn’t believe you are a genuine student. If you are an HR assistant then that has nothing to do with Business Analytics. What are your career goals that expand on your degree. Pick a program that shows this and then justify costs and show employment opportunities in your country. Show how much you will make with the completed program to justifiy the costs.

Markus Gillian

Oct 20, 2021
I am planning to enrol in the human resourse and buisness managememt course at algoma university.

1)Is Human resource and buisness mangement is right choice?
2)How can i prove that i am genuine student?
3) Could you help me to write my SOP?

Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am planning to enrol in the human resourse and buisness managememt course at algoma university.

1)Is Human resource and buisness mangement is right choice?
2)How can i prove that i am genuine student?
3) Could you help me to write my SOP?

Thanks.
1. Can’t tell you. It is your career. Need to show education and career advancement.
2. Show opportunities in your field when you return home. Show that you will be making XX amount and that it will justify the costs of education. Need to show why you need to come to Canada for an HR program. Why not in home country to learn local HR practices. How does Algoma meet your career goals?
3. See 2. No one here is going to write if for you. Hire someone if you don’t want to do it.

Markus Gillian

Oct 20, 2021
Is this course aligns with my previous studies? If not
Can anyone suggest me suitable course which aligns with Bachelor’s of Arts(Economics, Mathematics and Computer Science).
Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is this course aligns with my previous studies? If not
Can anyone suggest me suitable course which aligns with Bachelor’s of Arts(Economics, Mathematics and Computer Science).
Thanks.T
I don't know if your bachelors is aligned to your Algoma program. Only you know that. You will need to research programs based on your education and what your career goals are. Make sure the program is at a DLI and not a private school.

wakongah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2022
You can keep asking the same question (re program) over and over but the reality is you are the only one who can answer it.

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
In your next LOE/SOP, you need to address these points:
  1. How your program will improve your career and job prospects when you return to India post-completion of your studies. Like what promotions and further job opportunities will open up for you after this credential.
  2. Why you didn't pick a local program at an institution in India.
  3. That the cost of Canadian education is actually quite reasonable and not that high. Just refer to the website owned and operated by Global Affairs Canada ("GAC" - what Canada calls its Ministry of Foreign Affairs), eduCanada that says, "The cost to study and live here is affordable. Canada is known for having some of the lowest university tuition fees among English-speaking countries. Whatever your budget may be, you’ll find something just right for you in our diverse range of education options."
  4. Outline a career path that you desire or aspire to and write down how this credential fits into the overall picture
  5. You say you worked as a Business and Farm Assistant and then as HR Assistant. Outline what were your duties and responsibilities on those jobs and then tie in how this program and credential will enhance your knowledge and skills in a way that will help you carry out those duties and responsibilites in a better or more efficient manner.
  6. Specifically mention the individual courses taught in your program (every college or uni program in Canada displays its course list on its webpage) and how they relate to individual courses taught in your Bachelor degree. For example, here's the course structure and course list of the CBU program you selected - Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Business Analytics Program Structure. Also mention how those specific courses will improve your hireability as an employee back in India.
  7. If you program has a co-op element then mention how the co-op will allow you to get hands-on, practical experience that employers back in India will value.
What program is appropriate for your context is for you to research and decide. Apply your own critical thinking skills. Write down 5 programs that would be relevant to your previous employment and/or education and select the one you believe is the most appropriate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4lashyme

Markus Gillian

Oct 20, 2021
In your next LOE/SOP, you need to address these points:
  1. How your program will improve your career and job prospects when you return to India post-completion of your studies. Like what promotions and further job opportunities will open up for you after this credential.
  2. Why you didn't pick a local program at an institution in India.
  3. That the cost of Canadian education is actually quite reasonable and not that high. Just refer to the website owned and operated by Global Affairs Canada ("GAC" - what Canada calls its Ministry of Foreign Affairs), eduCanada that says, "The cost to study and live here is affordable. Canada is known for having some of the lowest university tuition fees among English-speaking countries. Whatever your budget may be, you’ll find something just right for you in our diverse range of education options."
  4. Outline a career path that you desire or aspire to and write down how this credential fits into the overall picture
  5. You say you worked as a Business and Farm Assistant and then as HR Assistant. Outline what were your duties and responsibilities on those jobs and then tie in how this program and credential will enhance your knowledge and skills in a way that will help you carry out those duties and responsibilites in a better or more efficient manner.
  6. Specifically mention the individual courses taught in your program (every college or uni program in Canada displays its course list on its webpage) and how they relate to individual courses taught in your Bachelor degree. For example, here's the course structure and course list of the CBU program you selected - Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Business Analytics Program Structure. Also mention how those specific courses will improve your hireability as an employee back in India.
  7. If you program has a co-op element then mention how the co-op will allow you to get hands-on, practical experience that employers back in India will value.
What program is appropriate for your context is for you to research and decide. Apply your own critical thinking skills. Write down 5 programs that would be relevant to your previous employment and/or education and select the one you believe is the most appropriate.
Thankyou very much. I think Human resource and buisness management would be great choice. Can you help me to write SOP so i can get approval this time.