+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got refusal a week ago in student visa category

sikh

Mar 13, 2022
hello everyone ,

they mentioned these two reason on refusal letter

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

i don't know what should i do please help me your valuable comment mean a lot for me . thanks for everyone in advance i also need help in my sop .

michaelofficial123

Star Member
Aug 28, 2022
hello everyone ,

they mentioned these two reason on refusal letter

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

i don't know what should i do please help me your valuable comment mean a lot for me . thanks for everyone in advance i also need help in my sop .

Please mention your profile and if possible your previous SOP

sikh

Mar 13, 2022
i have completed my graduation in 2016 with bsc non medical then i worked in different organisation initially i worked as marketing executive ,assistant project officer and my current post is as post manager in a college and i have applied for PG programme of project management in durham college it is one year PG programme i have total more then 5 years experience in different position this is my profile i have discussed so please suggest me what should i do

here is my statement of purpose

To

The Visa Officer

High Commission of Canada

Sub: Application requesting a Canadian study permit

Dear visa officer,

I am Gurbinder passport no. R7927415 hailing from Punjab, India. I am a graduate in science (non-medical), looking for an academic opportunity to gain comprehensive knowledge and industry-intensive skills related to the field of Project Management. Therefore, I have applied for a graduate certificate program in Project Management at Durham College. I am glad to share with you that I have received acceptance from the college for the January 2023 intake.

I would like to share my profile outline highlighting my academic and professional journey, my motivation behind applying for the program, and my future plans with you by means of this application.

Personal, Academics, and Professional Background

I have always had a knack for managing things and applying a systematic approach to achieve the desired results. Although my graduation wasn't related to project management, I was fortunate to have gotten a chance to pursue my interests during the course of my professional journey.

I completed my intermediate studies in 2013 with the first division and immediately applied for my bachelor's thereafter. In 2016, I graduated in BSc (non-medical ) with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the core subjects. While applying for my bachelor's, I was unaware of the availability of a course based on project management which was exactly what I was passionate about. Therefore the choice of my graduation course was based on merely what seemed like a viable option to secure a good job.

My professional journey began in 2016 when I was hired by Tara College as a Marketing Executive. I worked there for 1.7 years and was responsible for handling all the marketing-related backhand operations, managing social media campaigns, and overseeing and developing marketing campaigns. In May 2018, I began working as Assistant Project Officer University where I was involved in updating databases using a customer relationship management system, monitoring admission records. Subsequently, I was absorbed by Tara College again in August 2020 where I have been working as a Project Manager since then. I handle various tasks simultaneously such as handling admissions-related queries, career counseling, managing my team. It was my recent role as a Project Manager that rekindled my interests and made me realize that now is the time to solidify the same. . Thus I have decided to pursue my higher studies in this field to gain proper in-depth knowledge about this field and prepare for a rewarding career in this booming field.

I have been working for over five years now and I have been feeling stuck in my current job role with no scope of growth be it exposure, skill development, or in terms of remuneration. Pursuing my higher studies in the field-specific course will help me gain extensive industry-centric insights and technical skills which will contribute abundantly to my growth. I came across the graduate certificate program in Project Management by Durham college. I believe that global exposure will help me to fill in my career gaps at this stage of my career and will lead me to secure a job position in my dream company.

Language proficiency
I have proven my English proficiency by clearing my IELTS exam with an overall band score of 6.5(Listening-6.5, Reading-6.5, Writing-6.0, and Speaking-6.0). Please find attached the IELTS scorecard.

Why Project Management?

The Project Management Ontario Graduate Certificate Program by Durham College is my dream course as it is the ideal means by which I can accomplish what I have set out to achieve. The two semester-long post-graduate certificate course includes various subjects such as Principles of Project Management, Project Communications, Project Leadership, Project Quality Management, Project Resource Planning and Scheduling, and Project Procurement among many others. In India, Project Management professionals are in high demand in every organization irrespective of the industry, to remain competitive in a global economy. Earning this credential will definitely allow me to have an edge over other professionals back in my home country.

Why Canada and not India?

Popular institutes in India, such as SIMS Pune-Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Dr MGR Educational and Research Institute, Chennai, and others, provide two-year postgraduate programmes. However, admission to these universities is extremely competitive, with an entrance exam and a high grade needed to make the cut-off. The curriculum, as well as the limited likelihood of admission to these schools, prompted me to explore options for courses overseas . Indian education is more theoretically inclined and lacks a pragmatic industry-forward approach. At this stage in my career, I need to focus on the practical application of my knowledge to learn better. Also, my brother who is already in Canada has made me aware of the benefits of pursuing my education from there and will be my helping hand in case I face any hindrance.

For a variety of reasons, I prefer Canada to any other country. Canada, like any other developed country, has a lot to offer in terms of diverse culture and society, an advanced education system, infrastructure, better connectivity, transportation, a very low crime rate, transparency, and higher employment.

Why Durham College?
Situated in Ontario, Durham College is a public college and is also a part of the Designated Learning Institute list. The college emphasizes on experiential learning and specializes in delivering tailored industry learning and development programs. The award-winning faculty contributes to the students’ success through their real-world experience and expertise in their respective fields. The immaculate programs are designed with employer inputs and updated regularly as per industry trends and standards. The tuition fee is also affordable and includes a U-Pass which gives students full-time access to Durham Region Transit and Go Transit buses. The unrivaled infrastructure, erudite faculty, affordable education, and great location make it an ideal choice for international students.

Future Plans

One of the prime reasons behind pursuing the program included my desire to work for Future Group, Accenture, Amazon, Dell International as a Project Manager. I will return to India after earning the credential and use the knowledge and skills gained to secure a job position in the Future Group. There I want to specifically work on a project which is about reducing radioactive radiation to save endangered species. The need for project managers in India is likely to reach 70 lakh in the future in numerous industries such as healthcare, business, marketing and promotion, construction, Information Technology, etc. As a backup, I can secure an employment opportunity in any of these industries and can work not only as a project manager but also as a project coordinator or project scheduler. My dream is to finally invest all my knowledge and experience into starting my own venture.

Ties to home country

I share a close bond with my family. My adorable family consists of my father, mother, sister, and brother. My father is a retired army officer and my mother owns a fashion boutique. My brother is in Canada and my sister is married and government teacher. Since my parents are growing old and my siblings are away from home, the responsibility of taking care of my aged parents rests on my shoulders. I do not want them to live alone and want to be their pillar of support. Thus, I will return to India after the completion of my studies to fulfill my responsibilities.
Conclusion
I assure you that I am a legitimate student and merely intend to enhance my career prospects through the excellent opportunities available in your country. I am a disciplined and law-abiding citizen and will abide by all the rules established by the Canadian government. I am eager to extract every bit of knowledge and inculcate skills in order to achieve my career goals.

It would mean a lot to me to have a chance to study at your country’s prestigious college as it would add exponential value to my profile. I hope my application reflected my suitability for the program. I thus request you to kindly provide me with the relevant visa. I am grateful for your patient perusal of my application.

Sincerely,

Gurbinder Singh

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your SOP has a lot of unnecessary information.
1. Project Management at Durham: You have a bachelor degree so not building on education. This is a program that can be taken in India or online through the international association...despite your SOP. Everyone says that Canada offers practical education.
2. Durham: Un-necessary - erudite, award-winning, immaculate - words that have no meaning. So what if it is affordable (everyone says that) and offers a bus pass.
2. Career: Your future plans are all over the place. You say, “There I want to specifically work on a project which is about reducing radioactive radiation to save endangered species.” But the companies you listed have no ties to that. So no career advancment to justify the costs. Then you say start your own venture so why not a MBA.
2. Ties - Your “adorable” family are not ties. Your ties are a job, properties, investments, spouse, children. Mentioning a brother in Canada does not strengthen your application, it shows intention to stay.

You also talk about Canadian employment so again shows you aren’t leaving. You use a lot of ”fancy” words rather than just saying why you want to go to Durham.

Order GCMS notes, but most likely based on a program that doesn’t advance education or career to justify the costs. Having a brother who you say will lend a helping hand and mentioning Canadian employment doesn’t give you ties to home country.

Reactions: canuck78

sikh

Mar 13, 2022
i have applied caips note then what you suggest me what should i do ? could you help me in my sop . i ma grateful to you for this please

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i have applied caips note then what you suggest me what should i do ? could you help me in my sop . i ma grateful to you for this please
Wait for notes. Then reapply addressing reasons for refusal in SOP and/or change programs depending on what notes say.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i have completed my graduation in 2016 with bsc non medical then i worked in different organisation initially i worked as marketing executive ,assistant project officer and my current post is as post manager in a college and i have applied for PG programme of project management in durham college it is one year PG programme i have total more then 5 years experience in different position this is my profile i have discussed so please suggest me what should i do

To

The Visa Officer

Dear visa officer,

I am Gurbinder passport no. R7927415 hailing from Punjab, India. I am a graduate in science (non-medical), looking for an academic opportunity to gain comprehensive knowledge and industry-intensive skills related to the field of Project Management. Therefore, I have applied for a graduate certificate program in Project Management at Durham College. I am glad to share with you that I have received acceptance from the college for the January 2023 intake.

I would like to share my profile outline highlighting my academic and professional journey, my motivation behind applying for the program, and my future plans with you by means of this application.

I have always had a knack for managing things and applying a systematic approach to achieve the desired results. Although my graduation wasn't related to project management, I was fortunate to have gotten a chance to pursue my interests during the course of my professional journey.

I completed my intermediate studies in 2013 with the first division and immediately applied for my bachelor's thereafter. In 2016, I graduated in BSc (non-medical ) with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the core subjects. While applying for my bachelor's, I was unaware of the availability of a course based on project management which was exactly what I was passionate about. Therefore the choice of my graduation course was based on merely what seemed like a viable option to secure a good job.

My professional journey began in 2016 when I was hired by Tara College as a Marketing Executive. I worked there for 1.7 years and was responsible for handling all the marketing-related backhand operations, managing social media campaigns, and overseeing and developing marketing campaigns. In May 2018, I began working as Assistant Project Officer University where I was involved in updating databases using a customer relationship management system, monitoring admission records. Subsequently, I was absorbed by Tara College again in August 2020 where I have been working as a Project Manager since then. I handle various tasks simultaneously such as handling admissions-related queries, career counseling, managing my team. It was my recent role as a Project Manager that rekindled my interests and made me realize that now is the time to solidify the same. . Thus I have decided to pursue my higher studies in this field to gain proper in-depth knowledge about this field and prepare for a rewarding career in this booming field.

I have been working for over five years now and I have been feeling stuck in my current job role with no scope of growth be it exposure, skill development, or in terms of remuneration. Pursuing my higher studies in the field-specific course will help me gain extensive industry-centric insights and technical skills which will contribute abundantly to my growth. I came across the graduate certificate program in Project Management by Durham college. I believe that global exposure will help me to fill in my career gaps at this stage of my career and will lead me to secure a job position in my dream company.

Language proficiency
I have proven my English proficiency by clearing my IELTS exam with an overall band score of 6.5(Listening-6.5, Reading-6.5, Writing-6.0, and Speaking-6.0). Please find attached the IELTS scorecard.

Why Project Management?

The Project Management Ontario Graduate Certificate Program by Durham College is my dream course as it is the ideal means by which I can accomplish what I have set out to achieve. The two semester-long post-graduate certificate course includes various subjects such as Principles of Project Management, Project Communications, Project Leadership, Project Quality Management, Project Resource Planning and Scheduling, and Project Procurement among many others. In India, Project Management professionals are in high demand in every organization irrespective of the industry, to remain competitive in a global economy. Earning this credential will definitely allow me to have an edge over other professionals back in my home country.

Popular institutes in India, such as SIMS Pune-Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Dr MGR Educational and Research Institute, Chennai, and others, provide two-year postgraduate programmes. However, admission to these universities is extremely competitive, with an entrance exam and a high grade needed to make the cut-off. The curriculum, as well as the limited likelihood of admission to these schools, prompted me to explore options for courses overseas . Indian education is more theoretically inclined and lacks a pragmatic industry-forward approach. At this stage in my career, I need to focus on the practical application of my knowledge to learn better. Also, my brother who is already in Canada has made me aware of the benefits of pursuing my education from there and will be my helping hand in case I face any hindrance.

For a variety of reasons, I prefer Canada to any other country. Canada, like any other developed country, has a lot to offer in terms of diverse culture and society, an advanced education system, infrastructure, better connectivity, transportation, a very low crime rate, transparency, and higher employment.

Why Durham College?
Situated in Ontario, Durham College is a public college and is also a part of the Designated Learning Institute list. The college emphasizes on experiential learning and specializes in delivering tailored industry learning and development programs. The award-winning faculty contributes to the students’ success through their real-world experience and expertise in their respective fields. The immaculate programs are designed with employer inputs and updated regularly as per industry trends and standards. The tuition fee is also affordable and includes a U-Pass which gives students full-time access to Durham Region Transit and Go Transit buses. The unrivaled infrastructure, erudite faculty, affordable education, and great location make it an ideal choice for international students.

Future Plans

One of the prime reasons behind pursuing the program included my desire to work for Future Group, Accenture, Amazon, Dell International as a Project Manager. I will return to India after earning the credential and use the knowledge and skills gained to secure a job position in the Future Group. There I want to specifically work on a project which is about reducing radioactive radiation to save endangered species. The need for project managers in India is likely to reach 70 lakh in the future in numerous industries such as healthcare, business, marketing and promotion, construction, Information Technology, etc. As a backup, I can secure an employment opportunity in any of these industries and can work not only as a project manager but also as a project coordinator or project scheduler. My dream is to finally invest all my knowledge and experience into starting my own venture.

Ties to home country

I share a close bond with my family. My adorable family consists of my father, mother, sister, and brother. My father is a retired army officer and my mother owns a fashion boutique. My brother is in Canada and my sister is married and government teacher. Since my parents are growing old and my siblings are away from home, the responsibility of taking care of my aged parents rests on my shoulders. I do not want them to live alone and want to be their pillar of support. Thus, I will return to India after the completion of my studies to fulfill my responsibilities.
Conclusion
I assure you that I am a legitimate student and merely intend to enhance my career prospects through the excellent opportunities available in your country. I am a disciplined and law-abiding citizen and will abide by all the rules established by the Canadian government. I am eager to extract every bit of knowledge and inculcate skills in order to achieve my career goals.

It would mean a lot to me to have a chance to study at your country’s prestigious college as it would add exponential value to my profile. I hope my application reflected my suitability for the program. I thus request you to kindly provide me with the relevant visa. I am grateful for your patient perusal of my application.

Sincerely,

Gurbinder Singh
Based on your IELTS scores this was not written by you.

Reactions: Naturgrl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes it was written by professional writer
Avoid professional writers. They often write the worst SOPs and just copy things that are posted on websites for the school, city, local tourism board, etc. It is obvious to the VO that you haven’t written this and that the majority of the SOP doesn’t provide any useful information. Save your money and write something g yourself. You can pay someone to edit your SOP if you want someone to help with your English writing skills but avoid paying someone for a complete SOP that often hurts applications instead of help.

Reactions: Taran D

Stephni

Oct 14, 2022

To

The Visa Officer

Dear visa officer,

Language proficiency

Why Project Management?

Why Durham College?

Future Plans

Ties to home country

Conclusion

Sincerely,

Gurbinder Singh
Hey, I guess you got ur SOP done through SOP PRO. Just now I noted some similarities between urs and mine. Mine was done in the same way… without specificity but I added the important points like the financial abilities, properties, and elaborated more on job prospects in my country. Out of the modules at Durham, choose some and explain how those would specifically help you out in your studies to upgrade your career in India.