+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got PFL

Rick.111

May 28, 2023
There are a few possible reasons why IRCC might have issued a PFL under section 16(1) stating that your spouse has been arrested on more than one occasion. One possibility is that there is a mistake in the data that IRCC has about your spouse. Another possibility is that your spouse has been arrested in the past, but the arrests were not reported to IRCC.

If you are sure that your spouse has not been arrested, you can write a letter to IRCC explaining the situation. In your letter, you should provide any evidence that you have that supports your claim, such as a police clearance certificate or a letter from your spouse's employer. You should also explain why you believe that the data that IRCC has about your spouse is incorrect.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you may need to seek legal assistance.

As for the USA PCC, it is possible that IRCC requested it because they are also considering your spouse's application for a US visa. If you have not been to the USA or applied for a US visa in the past, you may not need to provide a PCC. However, it is always best to err on the side of caution and provide the PCC if IRCC requests it.

Here are some tips for writing a letter to IRCC:
  • Be clear and concise.
  • State the facts of the case.
  • Provide any evidence that you have that supports your claim.
  • Explain why you believe that the data that IRCC has about your spouse is incorrect.
  • Be polite and respectful.
If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you may need to seek legal assistance.
Thank you Soo much

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
That I agree I’ll talk to the lawyer but what about the info he has provide it seems to be legit
That's a generic ChatGPT response pushing prescriptive info that says "write the letter". You are going to write something without addressing the underlying issue in that case. I felt that was a dangerous thing to do. A lawyer would allow you to approach this in the right way to build entirely of the evidence that you've not done anything wrong here. The generic advice isn't helping you frame the evidence at all.

For example, the text below (from the ChatGPT bot) is so boilerplate that it can be applied to anything:
  • Be clear and concise.
  • Explain why you believe that the data that IRCC has about your spouse is incorrect.

If you are sure that your spouse has not been arrested, you can write a letter to IRCC explaining the situation. In your letter, you should provide any evidence that you have that supports your claim, such as a police clearance certificate or a letter from your spouse's employer. You should also explain why you believe that the data that IRCC has about your spouse is incorrect.

As for the USA PCC, it is possible that IRCC requested it because they are also considering your spouse's application for a US visa. If you have not been to the USA or applied for a US visa in the past, you may not need to provide a PCC. However, it is always best to err on the side of caution and provide the PCC if IRCC requests it.

Here are some tips for writing a letter to IRCC:
  • Be clear and concise.

Rick.111

May 28, 2023
That's a generic ChatGPT response pushing prescriptive info that says "write the letter". You are going to write something without addressing the underlying issue in that case. I felt that was a dangerous thing to do. A lawyer would allow you to approach this in the right way to build entirely of the evidence that you've not done anything wrong here. The generic advice isn't helping you frame the evidence at all.

For example, the text below (from the ChatGPT bot) is so boilerplate that it can be applied to anything:
  • Be clear and concise.
I’ve IRCC consultant and lawyer both will handle this case I told them to attach all the passport expired ones and the new one as well as New pcc of india UK and now I’m going to apply PCC for Greece too though my stay there was only for 8 days but still
I’ll apply that too

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I’ve IRCC consultant and lawyer both will handle this case I told them to attach all the passport expired ones and the new one as well as New pcc of india UK and now I’m going to apply PCC for Greece too though my stay there was only for 8 days but still
I’ll apply that too
If you have a lawyer handling your case, you should be good. I raised caution just in case :)

Best of luck!

Rick.111

May 28, 2023
Suggest a Canadian immigration lawyer.
What about IRCC consultant…will there be any difference if IRCC consultant draft a letter?
Canadian lawyer will only draft and IRCC consultant is saying I gotta withdraw the file form his firm.if I want to proceed with someone else

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What about IRCC consultant…will there be any difference if IRCC consultant draft a letter?
Canadian lawyer will only draft and IRCC consultant is saying I gotta withdraw the file form his firm.if I want to proceed with someone else
Your call. If you want but the PFL is dealing with possible charges, arrests and detainments as well as police certificates. Not sure a consultant has that expertise in dealing with that.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
There's nothing called IRCC consultants, there are RCIC consultants. I mirror Naturgrl's thoughts here.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
@iSaidGoodDay @Naturgrl @legalfalcon

which one is perfect to reply for PFL IRCC consultant or Lawyer..im Soo confused my file is already with IRCC consultant..
If your file is already with a licenced IRCC consultant, I would recommend that you continue to correspond with them. They are already familiar with your case and will be able to answer any questions that you have.

Here are some of the benefits of working with a lawyer:
  • They have more legal training than IRCC consultants and may be able to provide you with more personalized advice.
  • They can represent you in court if your application is refused.
Ultimately, the decision of who to correspond with is up to you. If you are comfortable working with the IRCC consultant, I would recommend that you continue to do so. If you would prefer to work with a lawyer, you can contact one directly.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: Rick.111

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If your file is already with a licenced IRCC consultant, I would recommend that you continue to correspond with them. They are already familiar with your case and will be able to answer any questions that you have.

• They have more legal training than IRCC consultants and may be able to provide you with more personalized advice.
Ultimately, the decision of who to correspond with is up to you. If you are comfortable working with the IRCC consultant, I would recommend that you continue to do so. If you would prefer to work with a lawyer, you can contact one directly.

I hope this helps!
AI bot. No such thing as IRCC consultant.

Reactions: Rick.111

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

I hope this helps!
This spam bot is infuriating.

Reactions: Naturgrl