+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got my Offer of Employment number. What is next?

denisetoh

Feb 5, 2018
Hello everyone!

I am from Singapore, holding a Singapore passport and currently in Canada as a visitor (we can stay up to 6 months)

I have found a job and got the Offer of Employment number from my boss. Now the next step is to get the work permit. I am staying in Winnipeg, Manitoba and I intend to cross the Emerson Canada-US border to get my work permit.

I am unsure of what I need and how to proceed because all the sites are giving me a lot of different information.

1) Do I need to cross over to US border and then return to Canada border to apply for my work permit?
2) What are the documents that I need to bring? (All websites are giving me different answers)
3) I understand that I have to pay CAD150 for my work permit, do I bring cash or I can pay by Mastercard?
4) Is there a chance that I will be unable to get my work permit issued at the border?

Appreciate all your help.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Has your employer obtained an approved LMIA as well?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Has he gone through the Employer Compliance steps and paid the required fee?

Alireza_njm

Oct 22, 2017
Hi Denisetoh,
Based on your description, you just need to apply for work permit. As you know, in the online method, on the cic website you will be faced with a questionary step, which ultimately will give you the required type of work permit as well as the necessary documents list. In one of the required forms, you must enter the employment number, which indicates that your employer has paid the required fee.
After uploading all documents, you must pay the application fee by MasterCard.

denisetoh

Feb 5, 2018
Hi Denisetoh,
Based on your description, you just need to apply for work permit. As you know, in the online method, on the cic website you will be faced with a questionary step, which ultimately will give you the required type of work permit as well as the necessary documents list. In one of the required forms, you must enter the employment number, which indicates that your employer has paid the required fee.
After uploading all documents, you must pay the application fee by MasterCard.
Hello!

Applying online is gonna take too long, I cannot sit around and can't work so I am planning to cross the border at Emerson to apply for it at POE. I am just wondering what documents I would need to bring :(

Alireza_njm

Oct 22, 2017
Hello!

Applying online is gonna take too long, I cannot sit around and can't work so I am planning to cross the border at Emerson to apply for it at POE. I am just wondering what documents I would need to bring :(
No matter whether you want to apply online or on paper, The following link will help you understand the steps and documentation you need:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/apply.html#toc0
good luck

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Hello!

Hi! I'm curious to know if you were successful in obtaining your work permit through crossing the border? Or did you end up applying online?

denisetoh

Feb 5, 2018
Hi! I'm curious to know if you were successful in obtaining your work permit through crossing the border? Or did you end up applying online?
Hello.

I went to cross the border at Emerson last week. They were very nice to me and said that it is generally frowned upon for flagpoling but they will still do it. Just make sure you have the right documents because I don't and was rejected. So I have to gather my documents again and try another time.

saamee

Apr 19, 2024
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Work primt
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
No
Nomination.....
10-04-2024
IELTS Request
09-2044
I have employment number and nomination of yukon.plz tell me about applications number (IMM ?) which I submitted to ircc portal plz tell me step by step