+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got laid off while waiting for AOR (RNIP)

sungmin1022

Sep 11, 2020
Hi!

my name is Sungmin and I am currently waiting to receive my AOR for RNIP program

So I have terminated from work this Monday due to no work since I am working in Aviation industry and there has been shortage of work

my question is I have got the letter from community and submitted my application and it was arrived on March 25th to the office and I know they are processing March applications now and I'm not sure what to do now shouldnt i keep my employment until I get the PR? Or since my qualification for the pr has met at the time i submitted and got the nomination letter already am i still okay without keeping my emplyment?

Should I report to cic for loss of job or should i just wait until they contact me with AOR and medical

thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi!

my name is Sungmin and I am currently waiting to receive my AOR for RNIP program

So I have terminated from work this Monday due to no work since I am working in Aviation industry and there has been shortage of work

my question is I have got the letter from community and submitted my application and it was arrived on March 25th to the office and I know they are processing March applications now and I'm not sure what to do now shouldnt i keep my employment until I get the PR? Or since my qualification for the pr has met at the time i submitted and got the nomination letter already am i still okay without keeping my emplyment?

Should I report to cic for loss of job or should i just wait until they contact me with AOR and medical

thank you
Do you have a confirmed job offer from one of the cities? Didn't think you coukd just apply for RNIP in general. Is your application based on your current job?

jugarsep

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Hi!

thank you
Hi
I am not an expert but I have read somewhere else that you should contact IRCC and tell them what happened. They will probably tell you that you have around 60 or 90 days to get another job offer in order to continue in the process.
Not telling them is probably not the best option. Again, I am not an expert. Hopefully someone will go a little deeper in this.
Regards.

sungmin1022

Sep 11, 2020
Do you have a confirmed job offer from one of the cities? Didn't think you coukd just apply for RNIP in general. Is your application based on your current job?
yes I am in one of the selected community that are under RNIP program and it is based on my current job

sungmin1022

Sep 11, 2020
Hi
I am not an expert but I have read somewhere else that you should contact IRCC and tell them what happened. They will probably tell you that you have around 60 or 90 days to get another job offer in order to continue in the process.
Not telling them is probably not the best option. Again, I am not an expert. Hopefully someone will go a little deeper in this.
Regards.
alright thank you so much i should notify them then

Bobby0723

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Vernon
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Cook
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
18-01-2021
Hi!

thank you
I am not sure but I think you can ask to community center who give you recommendation and they will let you know what is correct or not.
Because I heard from them I have to keep my job when I applied community to get a recommendation untill get the PR.
There is a visa processing for candidates who applied on RNIP and the visa just allowed closed work permit as far as I know.

Kvnpaul7

Jun 23, 2019
Hi!

thank you
Hi Sungmin,

I was going through this thread. I know its been 3 three years now. Could you please tell us, what IRCC and Community decided in your case? I'm at the edge of termination. I got my AOR 1.5 months ago. And my PR application is in progress.