+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got ITA in 2009, Can it help in any ways to get the Canada PR again.

Pawan Kumari

Apr 22, 2020
I had applied for Canada PR back in 2002 and got it successfully in 2009 however couldn't go due to some personal challenges. I do have the proof of landing and CIC # B0441207**. Does this also help in any way?

Last edited:

Imjagdeeps

Sep 19, 2018
Toronto
Category........
STUDY
No it doesn't help, you have to start fresh application for express entry. For maintaining PR you have to fulfill there condition of 2years out of 5 years in canada.

Reactions: Pawan Kumari

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I had applied for Canada PR back in 2002 and got it successfully in 2009 however couldn't go due to some personal challenges. I do have the proof of landing and CIC # B0441207**. Does this also help in any way?
In fact if you want to apply for PR again and you actually came to Canada but did not stay you will need to renounce your PR status first. PR status never expires and can only be renounced or revoked.

Same goes if you want to study in Canada you would need to renounce your PR status before applying for a Study permit.

The long shot alternative would be to get a US visa and attempt to enter Canada through the US Canada
land border but the odds of being reported are high leading to PR being revoked if you have not been in the country since 2009.

Without a valid PR card you would need a PRTD to board a plane , applying for same would likely result in your PR status being revoked for failing the residency obligation.

Of course all this is currently made extra challenging due to the current emergency

Last edited: