+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Congrats! Finally, happy for you :)
@micsmile @BlueP Thanks, Guys. SO I called to reschedule my telephone landing and the agent told me to just respond to the MTL Express email that invited me to do the landing initially OR she said I can schedule at an inland office or go to a Land Border. I am thinking of going to a land border because it's much closer to me.

However, If I go to the land border and do it there I am wondering how they will process my PR Card without my pictures. With the telephone landing they would ask me to send back my CoPRs with pictures, also a regular PPR would have requested pictures too but going to the border my rep advised they would just sign the documents and put in a request for my PR cards without my pictures. SOOOOO.....

Reactions: BlueP

tkbay

Dec 15, 2017
yes. that is fine. few people in the forum who did not get copr but got call are struggling to get alternate time because cic officer did not proceed with interview
can i ask you what was asked by cic officer?
did you have dependents and did the officer question your dependents as well?
Yes he asked dependents question, criminality, last date of landing and my date of birth

tkbay

Dec 15, 2017
My boyfriend did phone landing interview this morning and I was also present. They called and confirmed personal details, then the initial date on entry to Canada then last date of entry to Canada. Asked standard questions about criminal charges, dependants, marital status. He did not have his CoPR, it is still on its way. They asked to sign the CoPR, check all the dates and write NO next to the questions on the paper and send it back to them (Montreal) along with 2 photos (signed and initialized). Once they sign the CoPR and send it back his status will officially be changed to PR.
Exactly what they asked me yesterday even though I didn’t get the CoPR yet

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
I was in office so someone came to ask me a question. When he had left, I looked at my phone and had a missed call from 'unknown'. I was also expecting the call to be at 12:30 MST but letter says EST.
Anyways, has anyone else missed a call?

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
I spoke to CIC and they had no idea why I hadn't received a call. They were also unsure on what to do when you do not receive a call. They are going to send an email their end to try and get it rescheduled. I also re replied to the email about the telephone landing for an update.

Hope you get your call soon.
@60pop were you able to get a rescheduled appointment?

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
I was in office so someone came to ask me a question. When he had left, I looked at my phone and had a missed call from 'unknown'. I was also expecting the call to be at 12:30 MST but letter says EST.
its the call from cic only

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront

jayne20475

Dec 6, 2017
I have not heard of anyone missing the call yet so I'm unsure if they try and call you again. Did they leave a voicemail or anything?

Maybe wait until after the time period for them to call is over and if they have not called you back then give CIC a call and try to reschedule or make an appointment at a visa office?

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
I have not heard of anyone missing the call yet so I'm unsure if they try and call you again. Did they leave a voicemail or anything?

Maybe wait until after the time period for them to call is over and if they have not called you back then give CIC a call and try to reschedule or make an appointment at a visa office?
Yeah I can't get hold of cic. I can only get to their stupid : we are experience high volumes of calls...
I am okay to do border landing. but my WP and Visa are expiring in 3 days..

jayne20475

Dec 6, 2017
Yeah I can't get hold of cic. I can only get to their stupid : we are experience high volumes of calls...
I am okay to do border landing. but my WP and Visa are expiring in 3 days..
What time zone are you in? Try to call later in the afternoon your time, I find that they get quite busy in the middle of the day but I normally get through before 10am or after 2.30/3pm

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
What time zone are you in? Try to call later in the afternoon your time, I find that they get quite busy in the middle of the day but I normally get through before 10am or after 2.30/3pm
I will try and call near the end of the day today. It looks like we can do landing at border if we get COPR from these forums it seems.

mnguyen31

Dec 15, 2017
Me - same problem.

Got an invite on 12 Dec to land on 18 Dec. I live in Victoria there is no chance that I will get my CoPR on time. I plan to request a reschedule when the agent calls me to try my luck.
I have same timeline with you, received invatation letter on December 12
Confirmed on Dec 13 without any reply from IRCC
And waiting for my CoPR come with no hope for the interview next week on Dec 18
so confusing