AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Just to update everyone. they called me again.
they confirmed what will be on my COPR when I get it, and confirmed entry dates to Canada.
Told me to sign and send back the COPR form as discussed over phone and 2 passport photos for PR card. Didn't ask for my passport even though I am from a visa required country!

mnguyen31

Dec 15, 2017
As my understanding, so far 2 people can get through the interview without CoPR, but the rest 80% wasn't be allowed to do the interview without it.
and 50% need to send the CoPR back, and 50% can keep it to do the physical landing.
really confusing.
In addition, I planned to travel on Feb next year, too.
Therefore, maybe I should ask the interviewer first and if they said I can't not go outside Canada with that new telephone landing.
Do you guys know how to book a landing appoinment instead?
Thank you :)

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
As my understanding, so far 2 people can get through the interview without CoPR, but the rest 80% wasn't be allowed to do the interview without it.
and 50% need to send the CoPR back, and 50% can keep it to do the physical landing.
really confusing.
Therefore, maybe I should ask the interviewer first and if they said I can't not go outside Canada with that new telephone landing.
They told me I cant leave without valid visa until I get PR card.

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
really confusing.
I think the delays in COPR are due to Christmas season. That's what border agent told me.
Now, they are countering this problem by going over the documents and expecting you will fill them out when you get you COPR and send them back.
The reason only 20% conducted the interview without COPR is because the agents weren't aware or sure how to respond to the delays. Now I think we will see them do more interviews without COPR as they seemed to have figured out a way.
Next, no-one can keep the COPR form copy (correct me if I'm wrong). Once you send the signed COPR, they will sign it from their end and send you a completed copy for SIN and Health card purposes, and another copy to make a PR card for you.

Reactions: jayne20475

mnguyen31

Dec 15, 2017
UPDATE my case
I just talked to cic's staff,
The lady really nice and she said the mail was sent to me by express on Dec 13 (on the day I confirmed)
And If I want to travel I can apply for "travel document" after doing the telephone landing.
Because at that time I'm a PR so I can travel when waiting for my PR card.
I will update after next week and hope I will get the CoPR before the interview.
I hope it helps

SandrP

Dec 15, 2017
I like this forum... From what I can read, everybody's a different experience.

December 6th : received email ans answered back
December 13th : should have had a call for CoPR
December 15th : still no call, still no CoPR in mailbox !!

I eventually could reach IRCC stating that my CoPR wasn't printed, hence no call... Still have to wait.
BTW : I'm in Ontario, GTA...

So, wait and see...

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017

I eventually could reach IRCC stating that my CoPR wasn't printed, hence no call... Still have to wait.

So, wait and see...
So are they giving you another appointment?

tkbay

Dec 15, 2017

So, wait and see...
likewise me, im in GTA though I was able to do my telephone landing yesterday without CoPR but the officer told me I have to signed it and send it to Montreal office immediately I receive it

MarianaB

Dec 15, 2017
Hi everyone,
I've been following this post for days now, as I too received an email for telephone landing interview, so I wanted to share my experience with the entire process. For the record, I applied through Express Entry, (I believe everyone has different experiences due to the type of application you originally submitted). Also I'd like to mention I live in Canada already with a temporary work permit.

1. Applied for Express Entry in early 2016.
2. Waited approximately 8 months until I was selected from the poll to apply for Permanent Resident.
3. After submitting (online) all documents that the "Invitation to Apply for PR" required, I waited for another 8 months.
4. October 18th 2017 received an email called "Ready for Visa" where, in order to receive my COPR I needed to mail to a specific address:
  • Mail my passport (if I was from a country that requires Visa) or to send a copy of my passport (if I was from a visa-exempt country).
  • To update if any relevant information on my application that might have changed such as: Marriage, death of sponsor, birth of child etc.
  • Send 2 photographs with certain specifications.
  • Completed and signed "Annex A" which was basically a form indicating my mailing address to which they would send my COPR.
  • An express post return envelope must be included which they would use to mail my COPR.
5. Sent by mail all documents on November 2nd, 2017
6. November 22nd, 2017 Received 2 copies of COPR in the mail (one with my photograph, one without, neither of the copies signed)
7. I called several times to make my landing appointment at an office but couldn't get my call through, so I filled out a form online with my concern.
8. I kept trying to call the service line until I got through....They said they don't have an office where I live (Nunavut) so they suggested I head to Ottawa, they mentioned I didn't need an appointment. They have a "first come first serve" every second and fourth Tuesday of every month from 10 am to 2 pm.
9. December 4th, 2017 randomly received the email for Telephone landing. I thought it was a scam so that's when I found this group. Also saw that the IRCC updated their website with the description of the telephone landing pilot project. I replied on the same day confirming my availability.
10. December 5th, 2017 They replied saying my telephone landing interview was confirmed.
11. December 7th, 2017 Had my telephone landing interview. (they verify that the information on the COPR is correct, give you instructions on what to do with the copies.. had me signed both copies and NOT fill out the dates... took like 10 mins) He verified my email address and sent an email right away with instructions as to where to send the COPRs (no express post return envelope needed).
12. December 7th Sent my COPR which arrived in their office on December 11th.
13. December 15th still waiting to receive in the mail the signed copy of my COPR, mail here takes 5 days longer than usual (Iqaluit, Nunavut)

Super long... but might be helpful. Good luck to everyone.