+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

jshenry14

Aug 30, 2017
I just cancel my phone landing a moment ago.

Here is my experience and circumstance:
I have to travel out of Canada in 55 days, consider that to initialize PR card progressing 10-15 days(consider delivery of signed COPR to IRCC) and getting PR card 61 days = 71-76 days.

The lady in the phone was in a rush, didnt confirm the applicant number and document number etc. She was straight into the personal details confirmation, which i got my last entry date wrong, and was asked to cross out and write the correct date on top of it.

Based on my understanding (could be wrong), since i am not required to send out passport, and i have valid work permit and visa with me, i previously assume that i might able to travel while waiting for PR card if i proceed with phone landing, but the lady said NO, i am not allowed to travel without PR card in this case. She was so rush and refused to let me ask more questions and get clarification for next procedure since i told her that i couldnt finish with phone landing if i really have to travel out in 55 days.

I am in the mist that when i will be contacted by IRCC for regular landing, where they will ask me to send passport and new photos, get back passport with one time entry visa attached and COPR and the rest bla bla..

If i proceed with regular landing, (which is the only option that i have for now), I am hoping that the i will be able to get COPR with lengthy of expiry period that allow me to do landing during my returning flight on 26th Feb, 2018.

Ya i am in a little bit of frustration after waiting and struggling for months, hopefully i will be able to fly back home (after 6 years) without hindering the PR process.

It is good that IRCC is trying new alternative and conduct pilot program to accelerate all application processing time. And i understand that it is an experimental program and flaws are everywhere. I am not angry with that lady she refused to give me extra time to clarify my question and guide me for next procedures (my total call was just 5 mins) , because i understand that these agents might have lot of calls that need to be made by end of the day. Yet, a more thoughtful and comprehensive plan, more manpower and seminars should be given to these agents before they start a pilot project. At the end, some of us are just the white mice for this experiment.

Sorry for the spam.

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
it is in progress only. In this new process the update happens mostly when your copr is sent back. if you got a appointment email that means you are approved as confirmed by others here. only few didnt get a call. so dont worry you will get the call but without copr you cant finish the interview
where do you live ?
when did you get the invite and when you responded?
I live in North Alberta.
Got email last Thursday and I responded back within 2 hours. I got no confirmation letter from them, and no tracking number (like some have received) My WP is expiring in 3 days, and I have a BOWP in process but even that is still in progress (applied oct 18 and its been more than the time they say on their website.)

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
I live in North Alberta.
Got email last Thursday and I responded back within 2 hours. I got no confirmation letter from them, and no tracking number (like some have received) My WP is expiring in 3 days, and I have a BOWP in process but even that is still in progress (applied oct 18 and its been more than the time they say on their website.)
only one person got confirmation as far as i know. but most others(95%) got the call
most of letters are shipping through normal post. only few of them got the express ones (where they delayed shipping)
also see if there is delay of delivery mails in your area. i have a 2 day delay in my area (based on mails i get now)
call cic and they can tell when it was sent out and by what. agent from montreal writes notes to your account when they send out coprs

tkbay

Dec 15, 2017
I got my telephone landing interview email on Dec 6th scheduled to hold on Dec 14th yesterday.. I got the call but the officer said he will go ahead with the interview and told me to send it back immediately I get the CoPR I should signed it without date and send it back to them .... anyone in this situation?

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
I got my telephone landing interview email on Dec 6th scheduled to hold on Dec 14th yesterday.. I got the call but the officer said he will go ahead with the interview and told me to send it back immediately I get the CoPR I should signed it without date and send it back to them .... anyone in this situation?
this is great for you

Reactions: jman25

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
i did not get the call yesterday (4-7 pm)
any one faced issue yesterday?. iam going to write back to them today.
i have not yet got COPR so taking it a bit easy
Oh my god. Werent u waiting for the call in yesterday morning too? Dont know what they are really doing with your interview time. On the bright side, yes your CoPR is on the way:) maybe try to reschedule a few days later(early next week) so that you have enough time to get your CoPR ready.

Reactions: testtrav2

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Oh my god. Werent u waiting for the call in yesterday morning too? Dont know what they are really doing with your interview time. On the bright side, yes your CoPR is on the way:) maybe try to reschedule a few days later(early next week) so that you have enough time to get your CoPR ready.
No my interview was in the evening only. You are confusing me with some one else :) . yes thats what iam trying to do but i dont know what the response will be. i will keep posted

Reactions: BlueP

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
I did the interview without the CoPR but still waiting for my CoPR
yes. that is fine. few people in the forum who did not get copr but got call are struggling to get alternate time because cic officer did not proceed with interview
can i ask you what was asked by cic officer?
did you have dependents and did the officer question your dependents as well?

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just finished the interview. My wife is the main applicant. The agent did not even ask to speak to me but was confirming all my information with my wife.

It was simple and easy. Asked to correct our last entry date and answered come questions if we committed any crimes etc..

The agent said, once they receive the Copr back, I'll be officially registered as a Permanent Resident.

Cheers everyone!
Hi did you receive your call on the scheduled time ?? Or it took longer??

Please confirm. I am expecting a call in next half an hr.

tmpres

Dec 12, 2017
Guys my COPR was sent out from Montreal on Dec.6. I have a package from Montreal on the same day and I received it on Dec. 11. It is also delivered by Canada Post. However, I still haven't received the COPR. Of course my landing interview was couple days ago. Does it mean Canada Post lost my CoPR or the regular mail takes longer than the parcel? So worried...

jayne20475

Dec 6, 2017
@jayne20475 so here how my interview went ... got call around 7:30 am ... my case officer asked me about if I have the documents I said no then she said to mail back and she provided me postal code( Montreal office ). I asked if I could just keep it and book appointment at Vancouver office , she wasn’t sure about it , she apologized and said someone would contact u shortly .
I called ircc and told the agent what the case office told me on phone ,, he apologized multiple times and said it's a technical issue with the pilot program, he gave me the COPR document # (one that I have to return as per told by both agent and officer) and then he told me there is already a new COPR on the way or it’s generated and ready to be given per se if the old one comes back . And then after receiving new COPR I would contact them to get appointment with Vancouver office for landing
It's good that there is a new COPR already being sent to you! I hope it arrives soon so you can book an appointment at the visa office!

mila_sokol

Sep 15, 2017
My boyfriend did phone landing interview this morning and I was also present. They called and confirmed personal details, then the initial date on entry to Canada then last date of entry to Canada. Asked standard questions about criminal charges, dependants, marital status. He did not have his CoPR, it is still on its way. They asked to sign the CoPR, check all the dates and write NO next to the questions on the paper and send it back to them (Montreal) along with 2 photos (signed and initialized). Once they sign the CoPR and send it back his status will officially be changed to PR.

Reactions: jayne20475

jayne20475

Dec 6, 2017
Yes the same thing happened with my call this morning!

Reactions: tkbay and testtrav2