+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

Nov 19, 2017
Hi

After telephonic interview, do we consider automatically as PR ? What is our status after we are done with telephonic interview. or after interview when we sent them COPR and when they will send us back, we will be PR?? can anyone has exact information?/
You are not PR until the documents have been signed by both you and the agent at immigration. In reality until you have received your card because you won't have any proof of your status until it arrives.

heena303

Apr 19, 2016
You are not PR until the documents have been signed by both you and the agent at immigration. In reality until you have received your card because you won't have any proof of your status until it arrives.
For Pr card, it takes 2 months to come. So after getting signed COPR, you are officially PR. But I am not sure about telephonic landing

Reactions: angelbird

pratik2525pratik25

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
I got a call for "Telephone landing" yesterday. They scheduled me for Nov 28th since I didn't have my CORP with me.
Do I have to send both copies of CORP by mail or just their copy? Does it have to be thru XPRESSPOST again? :eek:
Both the copies. The lady confirmed it on phone as well as it is clearly written in email which you should have received after telephonic landing.

pratik2525pratik25

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
I think you will need to send original one for sure.
I am going to use XPRESsPOST and I am going to put return envelope with tracking as well. Just in case to be safe.
I'm thinking the same. Though they did not mention to put another envelope, But they've mentioned, " Once your CoPR is received and processed, your copy will be returned to you in the mail. "

Are they going to pay for our mail :) ?

Still have the query regarding this. I would rather wait to confirm. Did you already sent it ?

pratik2525pratik25

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Any one here, done with Telephonic interview and already sent the CoPR to the address asked in the mail ?
I've done the telephonic interview, But wondering, Should i send an extra envelope with CoPRs ? as they've mentioned " Once your CoPR is received and processed, your copy will be returned to you in the mail. "
Please respond.

Thank you.

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
Any one here, done with Telephonic interview and already sent the CoPR to the address asked in the mail ?
I've done the telephonic interview, But wondering, Should i send an extra envelope with CoPRs ? as they've mentioned " Once your CoPR is received and processed, your copy will be returned to you in the mail. "
Please respond.

Thank you.
I've done my Landing through Telephone last Friday and sent my CoRP on the same day. I asked the officer if I need to send an extra envelop to get my copy back. The officer said they will send it by Xpresspost at their own expense.

So you are NOT required to send an extra envelop.

pratik2525pratik25

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
I've done my Landing through Telephone last Friday and sent my CoRP on the same day. I asked the officer if I need to send an extra envelop to get my copy back. The officer said they will send it by Xpresspost at their own expense.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.
It will help.

Congratulations by the way.

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
Actually a completed COPR (that is a COPR stamped signed by both applicant and immigration agent) is proof of status.

angelbird

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
it takes 2 months to receive PR card, and you are a permanent resident of Canada on the day COPR is signed. IN REALITY, your signed COPR is a proof of your status in Canada.

angelbird

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017

They received my COPR today, I did telephone landing too. Did you ask how many takes it will take them to approve and send the COPR? I was told that they will do it on the day they receive it (I think it will be fast because this is pretty much new pilot program of the CIC)....any idea of return of the COPR? And, will they also assign the task for PR card on the same day(?). Thank you,

Alexey1986

Nov 20, 2017
I got this email even though I haven't got a COPR letter. And the email subject contains an Application number that is not mine. This is very weird and confusing.

kunalrrv

Aug 28, 2016
Hello

I completed my telephonic landing and this is a legitimate process, a pilot project implemented by IRCC

This is not fake and I had a lawyer for my procedure, at least it saves time going to the border to do that landing for people already in Canada for the stuff which can be done at the airport's if you think about it. So guys please going through the telephonic landing, which will make the process easier.

Once signed you will be asked to mail both the copies, they will sign a copy and send it back. That's how it goes.

If it helps. Cheers

kunalrrv

Aug 28, 2016
It is most likely a scam since the email doesn't have your information such as name, application number, etc. Don't reply to this email or send your personal information and call CIC call center right away.

BTW, are you sure that this is the sender email address not the name of the sender?
It's not fake, I happened to do the landing today,

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
They received my COPR today, I did telephone landing too. Did you ask how many takes it will take them to approve and send the COPR? I was told that they will do it on the day they receive it (I think it will be fast because this is pretty much new pilot program of the CIC)....any idea of return of the COPR? And, will they also assign the task for PR card on the same day(?). Thank you,
They told me the same thing. It will be sent on the same day they received.

I sent mine yesterday and its expected to be received by tomorrow.
Finger crossed.