+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got 1 year of PGWP

shivang2793

Dec 17, 2017
surat
Hello,
I have obtain masters degree from one of the Ontario's university. I have completed my study in 12 month(3 semesters) and I got 12 months of PGWP. On the visa graduation letter, duration of the program is mention 16 month ( 2 years). And on the website i found this. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html#determining
"Officers may issue 3‑year post-graduation work permits to individuals who complete a master’s or doctoral degree in Canada when the eligible DLI has confirmed in the written confirmation of program completion that the degree is 16 to 23 months in length and does not include regularly scheduled breaks."

What should i do? Please suggest.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Did you read the rest of the page? You can try calling them and see what they say.
Note: If the officer notes that the duration of studies was shorter than the duration of the program, as indicated in the letter confirming the completion of the program of study, and the program was not completed in an accelerated form, the post‑graduation work permit may be issued in accordance with the duration of studies. For example, if the applicant undertook classes for a period of 12 months, not in an accelerated form, but their degree notes that it is a 2‑year degree, the post-graduation work permit may be issued for 12 months, in accordance with the duration of their studies.

shivang2793

Dec 17, 2017
surat
Length of the program or programs of study, including Quebec vocational programs with a diploma of college studies (DCS) and an attestation of college studies (ACS)

The program of study is at least 8 months and less than 2 years.

Length of the post-graduation work permit that can be issued

The length of the work permit should coincide with the length of the program, as confirmed by the eligible DLI in the written confirmation of program completion (such as an official letter of completion or transcript).

Regularly scheduled breaks (for example, regularly scheduled winter and summer breaks) should not be subtracted from the length of the post-graduation work permit.

For a graduates with a DVS or AVS, a pro-rated calculation may be performed to determine the length.

Note: Officers may issue 3‑year post-graduation work permits to individuals who complete a master’s or doctoral degree in Canada when the eligible DLI has confirmed in the written confirmation of program completion that the degree is 16 to 23 months in length and does not include regularly scheduled breaks.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hello,
I have obtain masters degree from one of the Ontario's university. I have completed my study in 12 month(3 semesters) and I got 12 months of PGWP. On the visa graduation letter, duration of the program is mention 16 month ( 2 years). And on the website i found this. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html#determining
"Officers may issue 3‑year post-graduation work permits to individuals who complete a master’s or doctoral degree in Canada when the eligible DLI has confirmed in the written confirmation of program completion that the degree is 16 to 23 months in length and does not include regularly scheduled breaks."

The thing is you should have completed is in 4 terms at least, then would have been eligible for 3 years PGWP. This is what is my understanding.
Also can you say, how many credits you have completed.

shivang2793

Dec 17, 2017
surat
The thing is you should have completed is in 4 terms at least, then would have been eligible for 3 years PGWP. This is what is my understanding.
Also can you say, how many credits you have completed.
I have completed 24 credit and everyone in the program completed 24 credit get pgwp of 3 years.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

Send a Webform and ask for reconsideration.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
I have completed 24 credit and everyone in the program completed 24 credit get pgwp of 3 years.
off-late I am reading that minimum credit for consideration of 3 Years PGWP is 30 credits. 24 credits can be topped with 3 credit two courses. May add project or a Co-Op. I am in a process of selecting an university for Master's program and I could see lots of 1 year (3 term) courses but I am trying to avoid them as I know there is a high risk of not getting 3 years of PGWP.
Could you share your break, how many credits/courses you have covered in each term. I could only suggest to reapply again and check.