+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I gave my IELTS in February 2009. Do I need to give the test again?

suboor1

Jan 30, 2011
I gave the test for another purpose. My over all band score was 8.0 then. Now I'm applying for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (Family Support). It's soon going to be 2 years since I gave my IELTS. Do I need to give the test again?

Tonucml

Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suboor1 said:
I gave the test for another purpose. My over all band score was 8.0 then. Now I'm applying for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (Family Support). It's soon going to be 2 years since I gave my IELTS. Do I need to give the test again?
I opine that you have to attend for IELTS again. This is because need minimum 1 year validity for IELTS score when you apply.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Tonucml said:
I opine that you have to attend for IELTS again. This is because need minimum 1 year validity for IELTS score when you apply.
Actually it is valid for 2 years now.

sgcandle

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
send
PMM said:
Hi

Actually it is valid for 2 years now.
Hi PMM,
can you tell me when did the CIO started the system with IELTS SUBMISSION within 120days?during that time we can escape the exam by submitting documents claiming that our education in english.we know that ielts is compulsory now even for british after 26/6/2010.
can you tell me the timing of starting the system with IELTS WITHIN 120 DAYS TO VO office.Because two of my freinds claimed they never wrote ielts when they applied in Mar & april2010.they got pr now.they used agency.
pls help me.
thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sgcandle said:
Hi PMM,
can you tell me when did the CIO started the system with IELTS SUBMISSION within 120days?during that time we can escape the exam by submitting documents claiming that our education in english.we know that ielts is compulsory now even for british after 26/6/2010.
can you tell me the timing of starting the system with IELTS WITHIN 120 DAYS TO VO office.Because two of my freinds claimed they never wrote ielts when they applied in Mar & april2010.they got pr now.they used agency.
pls help me.
thanks in advance.
1. Prior to April/10 you could submit a written statement proving your language ability. If the VO felt it wasn't sufficient, the s/he would ask you to take the IELTs. After Apr/10 to June 26/10 if you submitted a written statement of your language ability, then if the VO felt it wasn't sufficient, s/he would assign the points from 0-16, there was no 2nd chance for IELTs. After 26/06/10 everyone had to submit IELTs.

moharef2002

Star Member
May 25, 2007
What if submitted all doc in June 2009 with ielts 10 points .

and sent another IELTS older than the first one - 11 points - - after 120 days -valid for 1 month at the time of sending all doc?

will VO will put into consideration the date of submitting all doc or no and accept it or no?