+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I forgot to mention previous surgeries

MedABLux

May 8, 2016
Hello, I did an upfront medical for my coop work permit. The physician didn't ask about any previous surgeries and I forgot to mention that I had 3 surgeries in my life. I've read that the physician is supposed to make notes in the file if there has been any relevant medical procedures before. I did the exam last Friday and I know that the physician hasn't send my results yet because he is waiting for the lab results and I also haven't use this medical exam to apply for my work permit yet.

I really worried that CIC may think that I try to withhold information, which I don't want to.

What should I do?

1)Re-do the medical exam ? (so that I don't use medical exam results with missing information)
2) Contact the panel physician I've been to and see if I can go back to change my file ?
3) Is it somehow possible to cancel this medical exam ?

Thanks

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MedABLux said:
Hello, I did an upfront medical for my coop work permit. The physician didn't ask about any previous surgeries and I forgot to mention that I had 3 surgeries in my life. I've read that the physician is supposed to make notes in the file if there has been any relevant medical procedures before. I did the exam last Friday and I know that the physician hasn't send my results yet because he is waiting for the lab results and I also haven't use this medical exam to apply for my work permit yet.

I really worried that CIC may think that I try to withhold information, which I don't want to.

What should I do?

1)Re-do the medical exam ? (so that I don't use medical exam results with missing information)
2) Contact the panel physician I've been to and see if I can go back to change my file ?
3) Is it somehow possible to cancel this medical exam ?

Thanks
Contact your panel physician.

MedABLux

May 8, 2016
So I called the physician and he asked he would add it to the file. However, he didn't ask my name or my file number. So I sent him an email, just to confirm that everything is fine and that he will add it to the file. And I also mentioned that I can come back or even re-do an entire medical exam if necessary.

He hasn't replied to my email yet and I am really worried. I don't plan to use this medical exam, because it is missing information and I don't want to get into any trouble. However, can the panel physician contact CIC to tell them that I didn't mention previous surgeries, which would put me into lots of trouble....

I tried everything I could. I tried to change it and showed that I don't want him to send an incomplete file. I feel really bad and can't even sleep. I feel so bad because maybe I shouldn't have called him back and I should have just taken an other medical exam with another doctor. I should have mentioned it in the exam, but he didn't ask me about surgeries and I simply forgot about it, because I was so nervous.....

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Contact the physician by email, save the email for your record just in case CIC is giving you trouble in the future. If you don’t hear anything from the physician why don’t you go there? If it’s close by
Good luck

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ottawa-applicant said:
Contact the physician by email, save the email for your record just in case CIC is giving you trouble in the future. If you don’t hear anything from the physician why don’t you go there? If it’s close by
Good luck
I was about to say the same rather than doing medicals again and wasting your hard earned money.

MedABLux

May 8, 2016
Ottawa-applicant said:
Good luck
Thanks for your reply :)

The physician was really rude to me and seems to don't care. I am worried that the email may be used against me, because I said that I forgot to mention it, even though he didn't even ask... At least I tried to contact him and so that he doesn't use false information.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MedABLux said:
Thanks for your reply :)

The physician was really rude to me and seems to don't care. I am worried that the email may be used against me, because I said that I forgot to mention it, even though he didn't even ask... At least I tried to contact him and so that he doesn't use false information.
As you have informed the physician immediately on the next working day and you have an electronic trail you are fine. It is physician's duty to include any updated medical information to your file as you have no access to that file.

MedABLux

May 8, 2016
Thank you.... do you think I could get into any trouble for that ? I have an appointment with a lawyer tomorrow, just to check... I can't sleep nor eat right now. iM SO WORRIED

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MedABLux said:
Thank you.... do you think I could get into any trouble for that ? I have an appointment with a lawyer tomorrow, just to check... I can't sleep nor eat right now. iM SO WORRIED
In my opinion nothing to worry.