+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I don't want to study anymore. Can I apply open work permit in Canada?

inderpal6763

Dec 28, 2020
Hey,

I just don't want to study anymore in Canada and I want to know if I can apply for open work permit and I can, how easy it will be to apply by myself? And, I am saying this on the basis of this page: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2l

I know there must be some way, but I just don't want to apply for LMIA based, because if I applied that way, I will not be able to immigrate permanently in Canada because of low CRS points in Express Entry.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey,

I just don't want to study anymore in Canada and I want to know if I can apply for open work permit and I can, how easy it will be to apply by myself? And, I am saying this on the basis of this page: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2l

I know there must be some way, but I just don't want to apply for LMIA based, because if I applied that way, I will not be able to immigrate permanently in Canada because of low CRS points in Express Entry.

Thanks.
Do you meet the criteria outlined? Specifically the following?

You may be eligible for an open work permit if you can no longer pay for your day-to-day needs or tuition for reasons beyond your control. Examples include changes to the situation in your home country, such as:
  • war,
  • upheaval, or
  • collapse of the banking system.
There is no guarantee the open work permit will be approved. My recommendation would be to apply for the open work permit but to also continue your studies as a full time student. If you drop out now and then the open work permit is also refused, you'll have a big problem on your hands. This open work permit is not granted easily. You must submit evidence to prove you meet the requirements outlined.