AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
Brita said:
Hi

My husband and I are supposed to land in Canada within a month from now,however based on family problems I (as the main applicant) dont want my husband to be able to get his PR because I am not hopeful to continue my marital life with him. Now I want to know How I can ever have this right to cancel his Visa or PR after we landed. we are not yet divorced,but I dont feel secure if he lands and freely lives in Canada basd on my application.
Is there any way that I can exile him to his own country?

Thanks
Hey, congratulations on your pr. Here is my take on your issue: i might not know what is going on or how you feel, but marriage is not an easy thing in the first place. I don't mean to offend you but, Where you in the court room or in the church when you both said for better or for worse? why is it that when it come to the worse, everyone wants to go their way, didn't you mean that when you made that vow? or what is going on? anyway, nothing on this earth is permanent, this situation you are in is going to pass. Remember, God will never give us something we can't endure, every challenges are supposed to get you stronger and a better person.
Have you guys tried counseling, or even talk about the issue? Did you open up to him about how you feel? There many ways this can be solved. Be patient or where you not patient until you got your PR.
Anyway, also know that every time we try the shorter road to happiness, we always lose (from experience), so my dear Brita, don't be quick in your judgement.

And as other people said in this forum, it can cause you complications to your Canada status. Good luck

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
Brita said:
My husband and I are supposed to land in Canada within a month from now,however based on family problems I (as the main applicant) dont want my husband to be able to get his PR because I am not hopeful to continue my marital life with him. Now I want to know (1) How I can ever have this right to cancel his Visa or PR after we landed. we are not yet divorced,but I dont feel secure if he lands and freely lives in Canada basd on my application.
(2) Is there any way that I can exile him to his own country?
1 - it is too late, at this point you cannot do anything unless you don't land yourself. If you want to get Canadian PR you are stuck with him until he lands in Canada too.
2 - that is not for you to decide where to exile him. The question should be "How can I protect myself from my husband?". In Canada if things get nasty you can get a restraining order. If he persists don't worry there are other measures.
http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/guides/restraining_order/

Brita

Jun 9, 2012
Dear All,
Thank you so much for your heartfelt and kind advice.
Actually what I wanted to do was that I cancell his PR before I land.since I was 11 points over-scored,when filing for immigration,I dont think that not letting him would harm my PR? would it?

the other question that I have is if I can put any restrictions on his family's getting visas to come to Canada,because even if I continue my married life with him,I can not accept any of his family to com to Canada either for a visit or as immigrants? do I have this right to claim some where that I dont want them to land in Canada under no circumstances?

sorry for my late replies, due to time zone difference,I write while most of yo are asleep and vice versa!

Please dont think that I am a monster. I just cant bear people who day and night offended me and ruined my life.

Regards to all
Brita

Jul 21, 2011
Brita said:
Dear All,
Actually what I wanted to do was that I cancell his PR before I land.since I was 11 points over-scored,when filing for immigration,I dont think that not letting him would harm my PR? would it?

the other question that I have is if I can put any restrictions on his family's getting visas to come to Canada,because even if I continue my married life with him,I can not accept any of his family to com to Canada either for a visit or as immigrants? do I have this right to claim some where that I dont want them to land in Canada under no circumstances?

sorry for my late replies, due to time zone difference,I write while most of yo are asleep and vice versa!

Please dont think that I am a monster. I just cant bear people who day and night offended me and ruined my life.

Regards to all
Brita
i agree with you. no point being emotional here..if he had troubled u so much just block him and his family coming to canada..do a good google search wat u can do..all the best.

starme

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brita, I can well understand ur state of mind.

I forward my whole hearted solace to u.

Well, My suggestion is, y dont u take some profession canadian lawyer's opinion abt it.

they may charge a little but will advice u as per canadian laws.

god bless u.

Brita said:
Dear All,

Regards to all
Brita

OHM

Star Member
Feb 27, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-March-2010
Doc's Request.
26-May-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR 26-May-2010 and 2nd AOR on 16-Feb-2011
IELTS Request
Total 7 Band
File Transfer...
In Process with Process Started Date 21 March 2012
Med's Request
04.October.2013
Med's Done....
26.October.2013 - with PCC & RPRF
Interview........
I think it's Waived.
Passport Req..
PP request on 22.Nov.2013 and PP sent on 29.Nov.2013
VISA ISSUED...
13.Dec.2013 (but received on 31.12.2013)
LANDED..........
going to land in Calgary on 09-Sept-2014
starme said:
brita, I can well understand ur state of mind.

I forward my whole hearted solace to u.

Well, My suggestion is, y dont u take some profession canadian lawyer's opinion abt it.

they may charge a little but will advice u as per canadian laws.

god bless u.
+1 my friend,

i think this is the BEST idea Brita. consult any professional canadian lawyer.

best of luck.

thanks

OHM

skilledman

May 26, 2012
Dear Brita,

It is the best idea as starme says it is better taking some profession canadian lawyer's advice.
by the way how long it take to get Canadian PR after we lands in Canada?

god bless u.

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once your Husband is a PR, he can always sponsor his family & there is nothing u can do about it.

Brita

Jun 9, 2012
Skilledman

It takes you up to 45 days after you landed in Canada.

I dont know any reliable lawyer who would give one line or telephonic advice!

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brita said:
Skilledman

skilledman said:
Dear Brita,

It is the best idea as starme says it is better taking some profession canadian lawyer's advice.
by the way how long it take to get Canadian PR after we lands in Canada?

god bless u.
You become a PERMANENT RESIDENT the day you complete the formalities at a Canadian POE.

The PR card takes about 38 (current time line) working days to reach you.

@ Britta....are you ready for a Lawyer's assistance? Are you prepared for the finances that a lawyer would ask you for his services?

Mitali

Brita

Jun 9, 2012
It depends on the cost.
actually there is a problem and that is in my country we cant pay online!! then I guess that I have to consult with a lawyer only after I landed!! or if any lawyer for the sake of God answers my question :)

I am so depressed, I am the main applicant and the sole financial sponsor but it seems like that I have delegated all/all my rights to my husband and his family to continue destroying my life even in Canada and on my cost!!! ???

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
r u alrite?

u r issuing contradictory statement in separate threads,

I am sorry, I cant help u.

I thot u r a genuine person, so I forwarded my help to u, not any more.

Brita said:
It depends on the cost.
actually there is a problem and that is in my country we cant pay online!! then I guess that I have to consult with a lawyer only after I landed!! or if any lawyer for the sake of God answers my question :)

I am so depressed, I am the main applicant and the sole financial sponsor but it seems like that I have delegated all/all my rights to my husband and his family to continue destroying my life even in Canada and on my cost!!! ???

Brita

Jun 9, 2012
I dont know what you are talking about.
may be this is because I am new to this website and dont know the rules? what is this threads you are talking about?
what did I do wrong? I just asked a simple question?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Use google: put in your question and you will likely come across a forum, even a lawyer's article or something on the CIC website about what to do.

A former roommate of mine went through something similar couple years ago. They already received medical request when their relationship broke down irretrivably. She filed for divorce and informed CIC about the change in status. CIC sent her a whole new application package to fill out and I think a letter explaining that her application will be processed but a final decision will be made when her divorce is finalised. She had to wait over 1 year to get her PR.

I shared this so that you are aware of what potentially lies ahead for you as well. You may have to wait for your divorce to be final before you get your PR. I'm not suggesting that you do anything wrong, but decisions made when we are emotional are not always well thought out.

I know you are hurting but you should put yourself first. The best revenge is to move on and live a happy and productive life. Remember, if you have kids you need to work out custody issues and if he doesn't cooperate, you will not be able to bring your kids to Canada.

You can refuse to co-sponsor his family members and he will have to do it alone. If his income is not high enough, then he won't be able to do it.

Brita said:
Skilledman

Dave n Ailsa

Jun 8, 2012
Glasgow, Scorland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2011
Hey Brita.

There seems to be a lot of people on this forum that think it's ok to be in a terrible marriage. I DO NOT!

Sometimes things cannot be worked out, no matter how much you have faith in a god.

I do not know your situation, but you sound very un-happy, and regardless of who is at fault, there is no point wasting the rest of your life on a marriege that makes you so sad.

So, as was mentioned in a previous post, if you can get yourself to Canada without your spouse, and activate your PR, then your spouse will find it difficult to follow you, especially as you are the main earner of the family. He will need to decide if it will be worth following you, with the possibility of having to make his own life in Canada by himself.

You have not mentioned if you have children. This would complicate things.

You would also have a complicated divorce facing you if you are in seperate countries, but I imagine this is the least of your worries if you are so un-happy.

Whatever you decide to do, you need to be very careful with your plans. Even writing this on a public forum could be dangerous for you :(