+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I don't have two pieces of ID, can I take the citizenship exam?

snowflake2012

Star Member
Jul 24, 2012
Hi guys,

IRCC has notified me to attend the citizenship exam on August 2, 2018, which is 4 days away. But when I'm preparing for the test with a checklist, I found a serious problem: I don't have two pieces of IDs!

On IRCC's notice letter, it says I should bring "Two pieces of personal identifications. One must have your photograph and signature (for example, driver's license, health card, passport, permanent resident card). “

I only have a Chinese passport. And the Confirmation of Permanent Residency(CoPR).

I don't have a PR card because it was lost last year before I sent out my citizenship application package. I thought of applying for PR card replacement, but someone on the internet seems to said you will not be issued a PR card if you are qualified for citizenship. So I didn't apply. But I did go to the police station to report the loss of my PR card and sent a solemn declaration to IRCC about the PR card loss. When I applied for citizenship, I included the copies of the police record and the solemn declaration in my package.

I don't have a driver's license because I don't drive.

I don't have a valid health card. In March I moved from Quebec to BC, and my Quebec health card expired at the end of June. I applied for BC health card but the process delayed a few times. Currently I'm covered by MSP but the MSP card hasn't arrived at my home yet.

My husband's company has group medical plans and pays for my MSP. So I applied for MSP with his company form. The company's headquarters is in Toronto but we living in BC. The HR staff wrote our new address wrong, forgot to include our children's IDs and waited a long time in sending out the package. Such and such minor mistakes. A few weeks ago I got a mail from MSP saying I;m covered and the MSP card would be sent to me soon. That's why I didn't ask for a reschedule of the citizenship test. But now there are only 4 days left, I still haven't got the health card.

So what should I do? Should I wait till the last day to call the IRCC office for a reschedule, or just go to the exam with only one ID? I do have the expired Quebec health card, whose photocopy was also included in my application package. Should I bring it? Does "two pieces of IDs" means two pieces of valid IDs?

Is landing paper (Confirmation of Permanent Residency, CoPR) considered an ID? There's my name, birthdate and PR number on it.

Thank you very much!!!

Last edited:

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hi guys,

IRCC has notified me to attend the citizenship exam on August 2m 2018, which is 4 days away. But when I'm preparing for the test with a checklist, I found a serious problem: I don't have two pieces of IDs!

On IRCC's notice letter, it says I should bring "Two pieces of personal identifications. One must have your photograph and signature (for example, driver's license, health card, passport, permanent resident card). “

I only have a Chinese passport. And the Confirmation of Permanent Resident (CoPR).

I don't have a PR card because it was lost last year before I sent out my citizenship application package. I thought of applying for PR card replacement, but someone on the internet seems to said you will not be issued a PR card if you are qualified for citizenship. So I didn't apply. But I did go to the police station to report the loss of my PR card and sent a solemn declaration to IRCC about the PR card loss. When I applied for citizenship, I included the copies of the police record and the solemn declaration in my package.

I don't have a valid health card. In March I moved from Quebec to BC, and my Quebec health card expired at the end of June. I applied for BC health card but the process delayed a few times. Currently I'm covered by MSP but the MSP card hasn't arrived at my home yet.

My husband's company has group medical plans and pays for my MSP. So I applied for MSP with his company form. The company's headquarters is in Toronto but we living in BC. The HR staff wrote our new address wrong, forgot to include our children's IDs and waited a long time in sending out the package. Such and such minor mistakes. A few weeks ago I got a mail from MSP saying I;m covered and the MSP card would be sent to me soon. That's why I didn't ask for a reschedule of the citizenship test. But now there are only 4 days left, I still haven't got the health card.

So what should I do? Should I wait till the last day to call the IRCC office for a reschedule, or just go to the exam with only one ID? I do have the expired Quebec health card, whose photocopy was also included in my application package. Should I bring it? Does "two pieces of IDs" means two pieces of valid IDs?

Is landing paper (Confirmation of Permanent Residency, CoPR) considered an ID? There's my name, birthdate and PR number on it.

Thank you very much!!!
Whatever Id you send with your application carry it to the test interview even if it’s expired good luck.

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Last edited:
Reactions: snowflake2012

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I'd suggest you not reschedule the exam. Go there and present what you sent for your application: passport and solemn declaration of loss of PR card. This might get your through but whether it works or not, in the mean time you should apply for an ID card as oomuchi said. Or hopefully your health card will arrive soon. But don't cancel the exam, as you can always do that if this time it doesn't work out.

Hi guys,

IRCC has notified me to attend the citizenship exam on August 2m 2018, which is 4 days away. But when I'm preparing for the test with a checklist, I found a serious problem: I don't have two pieces of IDs!

I only have a Chinese passport. And the Confirmation of Permanent Resident (CoPR).

Thank you very much!!!

Reactions: snowflake2012

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Please don’t cancel your test.Don’t your expired health card have your picture on it with your signature and you could also take your passport that’s two pieces and if they asked you explain.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Go there and do the test/exam/interview.

Credit Card has your name, maybe take that with you as well to support identity......plus as others have indicated above.
Worth a shot.

And take better care of all your documents and always keep them valid/up-to-date

amrin11

Jun 1, 2018
Hi,
I have to apply for my citizenship application. for the extra piece of photo ID I have my drivers license but it has my old address listed on it. Can I keep the same drivers license copy or do I need to update it?

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Hi,
I have to apply for my citizenship application. for the extra piece of photo ID I have my drivers license but it has my old address listed on it. Can I keep the same drivers license copy or do I need to update it?
I renewed my driver's license to reflect my new address because you can use it as proof of residence.
You can either send a copy of the new drive license or the old one plus the document stating the change of address requested.

nabeeljafri

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
Med's Request
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-09-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014

snowflake2012

Star Member
Jul 24, 2012
Hello, @snowflake2012, how did it go?
It went well. Turns out an expired health card is okay.
On August 2 I went to the exam on time. When walking into the room, I showed my passport and the Quebec health card to the staff there. He quickly made some mark on my exam notice. I told him the health card was actually expired. Just before I had time to furthur explain the situation, he waved his hand and said, "Don't worry about it. " Then he let me into the room.