+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I didn't realize Camping out of bounds is a Misdemeanor - Is it a Misrep?

GBLAA

Jan 24, 2024
Hi,

I submitted my PGWP application in Sep 2023, and PR application in Nov.

I had a federal ticket for "camping out of designated area", with $100 fine. What actually happened was I slept a night in the car at Yellowstone and got ticketed by the ranger the morning after.This happened in September before I submitted the PGWP and PR application. I thought this was like a parking ticket, and the ranger told me as long as I pay it, I should be no problem. So I answered no in the criminal question at application.

On 14 Dec I went to the court to contest the ticket, and I learned that this is actually a petty offense, Class B Misdemeanor (in fact all violations in a national park is!!!)

I submitted an explanation letter with all documents to rectify this. The PR application is non-PNP, which I has yet received an AOR, so I guess it should be fine as long as I correct it.

However, the PGWP has been approved on 15 Dec, and I realized yesterday that the application form for it has a similar question. I sent them a web form of explanation with docs and requested to change the answer.

My Question: Will they accept my correction or will they charge me with misrep? If so, does the fact that I voluntarily declare to correct, instead of them finding out the error, matter? What I can do from my side to mitigate it?