+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I didn’t get desired length of study permit

mandrew48

Jan 15, 2018
Good day everyone

I recently applied for a study permit for more than six months however I received an offer for less than six months. Is it okay for to re apply now. Or shud I wait.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Did you get a reason why you were given less? Is the course less than 6 months? If it is, you technically don't need a study permit, but always better to get one as if you want to do another course, you have to apply for another permit outside Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Good day everyone

I recently applied for a study permit for more than six months however I received an offer for less than six months. Is it okay for to re apply now. Or shud I wait.
Are you referring to the letter of introduction or the actual study permit? Note that the study permit is issued when entering Canada.

mandrew48

Jan 15, 2018
Did you get a reason why you were given less? Is the course less than 6 months? If it is, you technically don't need a study permit, but always better to get one as if you want to do another course, you have to apply for another permit outside Canada.
I was already studying high school so I applied for an extension for university as well. My course is 4.5 years.

mandrew48

Jan 15, 2018
T
Are you referring to the letter of introduction or the actual study permit? Note that the study permit is issued when entering Canada.
The actual study permit. I had applied for an extension as I got an offer from Brock University for a 4.5 year course