+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I CAN'T STAND IT!! Let's fight for our RIGHTS!!!

NextDoor

Mar 6, 2016
Different processing time can cause an unfair result.

Before mid of 2015, CIC spent only 30 to 45 days to process their PGWP applications. Even your applications have been refused, you may still have chances to apply for restoration with a valid study permit.

After mid of 2015, CIC spent 80 to 180 days to process the PGWP applications. Once your applications been refused, your student permit was no longer valid. Yes, you can still apply for restoration, but... you have to renew your study permit first. Does it make sense??!!

Beside the fees, think about your right to work-
Everyone knows that once your PGWP applications been rejected, you are no longer to work legally.
if the processing time is around 45 days like before, you will lose around 1.5 months. But if the processing time is around 180 days, then you will lose your right to work for 6 months!.

No need to mention how it affects our rights for OINP.

i've shared my story on other thread, so i am not gonna repeat it here.
please see-
Canada Immigration Forum > Temporary Entry to Canada > Foreign Workers > Topic: My Judicial Review Experience (without a lawyer)

The one of the points I wrote down on my affidavits for judicial review is -CIC extending their processing time without giving any reason, however, the time limits for us to apply for a visa was fixed, which is unfair and it caused unfair result too.

It works, CIC can't fight with any of my points. CIC sent a settlement to me without file their affidavit to the court. I've read several posts about PGWP refusal, restoration refusal, study permit renewal, $100... here and I am mad. They shouldn't deny our yeas' efforts by this unreasonable way.

i am thinking maybe we should stand together and let CIC or other group know this problem. I haven't had any specific way on how to do it, but maybe we can discuss it together?

Anyone with me? :D

BTW, I suggest everyone who has similar situation with me to consider about applying for Judicial Review. I didn't find a lawyer, so i only spent $50 and solved my problem. If I just let CIC bully me, then I would have to spend another $600 to get my PGWP.

CIC should treat every applicants equally, different processing time is not fair already, especially a dramatically different processing time like NOW.

sood.prabal

Oct 14, 2015
Re: i CAN'T STAND IT!! PGWP applicants, let's stand together fight for our RIGHTS!

NextDoor said:
Different processing time can cause an unfair result.

Before mid of 2015, CIC spent only 30 to 45 days to process their PGWP applications. Even your applications have been refused, you may still have chances to apply for restoration with a valid study permit.

After mid of 2015, CIC spent 80 to 180 days to process the PGWP applications. Once your applications been refused, your student permit was no longer valid. Yes, you can still apply for restoration, but... you have to renew your study permit first. Does it make sense??!!

i've shared my story on other thread, so i am not gonna repeat it here.
please see-
Canada Immigration Forum > Temporary Entry to Canada > Foreign Workers > Topic: My Judicial Review Experience (without a lawyer)

The one of the points I wrote down on my affidavits for judicial review is -CIC extending their processing time without giving any reason, however, the time limits for us to apply for a visa was fixed, which is unfair and it caused unfair result too.

It works, CIC can't fight with any of my points. CIC sent a settlement to me without file their affidavit to the court. I've read several posts about PGWP refusal, restoration refusal, study permit renewal, $100... here and I am mad. They shouldn't deny our yeas' efforts by this unreasonable way.

i am thinking maybe we should stand together and let CIC or other group know this problem. I haven't had any specific way on how to do it, but maybe we can discuss it together?

Anyone with me? :D

BTW, I suggest everyone who has similar situation with me to consider about applying for Judicial Review. I didn't find a lawyer, so i only spent $50 and solved my problem. If I just let CIC bully me, then I would have to spend another $600 to get my PGWP.
Hi Nextdoor!

I had my pgwp refused on March 4, 2016. I understand your frustration that it takes a very long time for CIC to reply us back with their decision and by that time our study permit has also expired. But, from the day of their decision, now we have now lost our temporary resident and have another chance to restore it within the next 3 months (90 days) from the day of the decision (which will be 90 days from March 4).

Here is quote from my refusal letter.

"[X] We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expired on March 4, 2016.
You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary resident status, you submit:
 a completed application form;
 applicable fees for restoration and for the immigration document(s) in the amount of $455.00. Payments should be made online at www.cic.gc.ca. When you are finished, you must print the receipt of payment and include it with your application.
 all required documents in support of your application""

I received this decision on March 4 and from that day I have now lost my temporary resident status. In order to have a second chance at pgwp (which is a type of temporary resident/worker), I need to pay the pgwp fee again which is like $250 or $255 plus the restoration fee which is $200, for which the total comes to about $455 (which is also mentioned in refusal letter). So it does look like we have a fair chance to apply again but at the cost of higher fee.

This is what I have understood so far, I may be wrong about this and I will appreciate if you could point out any mistakes I might have made here.

Thank you

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Re: i CAN'T STAND IT!! PGWP applicants, let's stand together fight for our RIGHTS!

Do you happen to know the reasons for refusal? Do you mind sharing your profile please. Thank you!

NextDoor

Mar 6, 2016

sood.prabal said:
Hi Nextdoor!

I had my pgwp refused on March 4, 2016. I understand your frustration that it takes a very long time for CIC to reply us back with their decision and by that time our study permit has also expired. But, from the day of their decision, now we have now lost our temporary resident and have another chance to restore it within the next 3 months (90 days) from the day of the decision (which will be 90 days from March 4).

Here is quote from my refusal letter.

"[X] We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expired on March 4, 2016.
You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary resident status, you submit:
 a completed application form;
 applicable fees for restoration and for the immigration document(s) in the amount of $455.00. Payments should be made online at CIC website. When you are finished, you must print the receipt of payment and include it with your application.
 all required documents in support of your application""

I received this decision on March 4 and from that day I have now lost my temporary resident status. In order to have a second chance at pgwp (which is a type of temporary resident/worker), I need to pay the pgwp fee again which is like $250 or $255 plus the restoration fee which is $200, for which the total comes to about $455 (which is also mentioned in refusal letter). So it does look like we have a fair chance to apply again but at the cost of higher fee.

This is what I have understood so far, I may be wrong about this and I will appreciate if you could point out any mistakes I might have made here.

Thank you
Why I said different processing time caused an unfair result is not just about the fees we have to pay for the restoration. Since the day that CIC refused our applications, we are no longer legal to work. For me, I waited for 6 months to get the result from CIC, but at the mean time, I've already had a job. I forced to lose my job because CIC refused my application and the worst thing is I also lost the right for EI, cause my old visa expired.

Think about it, 6 months... how many things could have happened during 6 months? -->From no job to have a job. From a new worker to get along with coworkers pretty well, etc.

Longer processing time affects more.

For those applicants who have to renew their study permits before apply restoration, long processing time is definitely a problem. If I want my study permit still valid after CIC refused my PGWP application, that means I have to apply my PGWP at least 6.5 to 7 months before my study permit expired, is it possible? The last semester of school was just started, how can I applied for it when I still in school??!!!

if I graduated one year ago, maybe I would have a chance to apply restoration and my study permit is still valid (then even I have to lose my job, I still can apply for EI). But poor us, now we only have one chance, and we can't fail it. Otherwise, we will have to pay for study permit renewal. Is it reasonable?

BTW, you have to think about how long you gonna wait for your PGWP after apply restoration too and you can't work during this period. if the processing time is around 45 days like before, you will lose around 1.5 months. But if the processing time is around 180 days, then you will lose your right to work for 6 months!. That also means you gonna lose more time on applying OINP if you planed to do it.

NextDoor

Mar 6, 2016

frustratedcanadian said:
Do you happen to know the reasons for refusal? Do you mind sharing your profile please. Thank you!
Hi, I've shared my story here-

Sorry I not allowed to post a link :D