+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I cannot prove my financial support- what should i do

diana0220

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
:( :( :( :( :(

In past six months, i don't have enough financial support show in my account. My aunt give me some money in june to help me apply for visa, Also after I got ITA, my family give us some money, however, this 10000 is come from my spouse's cousin's bank account.
Really dont know how to explain. if try to write an explanation letter, it is really hard to say.

If i dont provide a letter to explain the money, it is high risk to get rejection.

Dont know how to do......

Really upset.

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
I am going through similar situation rather dilemma.. As per CIC website one should have required funds maintained for last 6 months.. For two people 14853 CAD needs to be in primary applicants bank account and maintained for last 6 months which means average balance for last 6 months from the date of receiving ITA should be greater than or equal to 14853 CAD.

Best thing is to wait until you fulfil this 6 months average balance criteria and then apply which is what am planning to do now. Your case is tricky because if you are not able to show POF within 60 days of receiving ITA then you would have to reapply and then wait for CRS cutoff to go below your score. In my opinion not submitting the documents is a better option rather then submitting something which is not as per their rules for POF.

However, I request more people to give their opinion on this.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC doesn't mandate that funds should be kept aside for 6 months before being used. The only things CIC mandates is,

1. Funds should be available exclusively to PA (or spouse but I disagree with that assumption).

2. Funds should not be borrowed (burden of proof lies completely with PA, CIC will reject POF if this is not conclusively proved).

Point 2 is where the 6 month equation comes into the picture. If you have enough funds in the account for 6 months, your 6 month average balance will be greater than or equal to required funds and CIC will be convinced with that.

But that is not the only way of proving this requirement. You can sell your jewelry today, showcase full POF from sale proceeds and provide sufficient conclusive evidence of that, you'll still be fine.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

diana0220

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
averma said:
I am going through similar situation rather dilemma.. As per CIC website one should have required funds maintained for last 6 months.. For two people 14853 CAD needs to be in primary applicants bank account and maintained for last 6 months which means average balance for last 6 months from the date of receiving ITA should be greater than or equal to 14853 CAD.

Best thing is to wait until you fulfil this 6 months average balance criteria and then apply which is what am planning to do now. Your case is tricky because if you are not able to show POF within 60 days of receiving ITA then you would have to reapply and then wait for CRS cutoff to go below your score. In my opinion not submitting the documents is a better option rather then submitting something which is not as per their rules for POF.

However, I request more people to give their opinion on this.

I cannot wait, my work permit will expire soon. :(

diana0220

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
CIC doesn't mandate that funds should be kept aside for 6 months before being used. The only things CIC mandates is,

1. Funds should be available exclusively to PA (or spouse but I disagree with that assumption).

2. Funds should not be borrowed (burden of proof lies completely with PA, CIC will reject POF if this is not conclusively proved).

Point 2 is where the 6 month equation comes into the picture. If you have enough funds in the account for 6 months, your 6 month average balance will be greater than or equal to required funds and CIC will be convinced with that.

But that is not the only way of proving this requirement. You can sell your jewelry today, showcase full POF from sale proceeds and provide sufficient conclusive evidence of that, you'll still be fine.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

thanks for replying

I just consider because I lend some money to my cousin last year(some from my account, some from my spouse account, has transaction record, but we are not joint account) and he pay back this in Aug, is that a reasonable explaination?

Rahul12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
July 18
AOR Received.
April 10
Passport Req..
July 20/sent July 30
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 6th
LANDED..........
Aug 8th
Are u In Canada? If yes...then just get a bank statement from your bank. that would suffice.

diana0220

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Rahul12 said:
Are u In Canada? If yes...then just get a bank statement from your bank. that would suffice.
I am in Canada, i cannot explain the money in my account.
I lend some money to my cousin from my husband's and my account (not joint account), and then my cousin pay back it, I dont know if I should write a letter to explain this situation.

Rahul12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
July 18
AOR Received.
April 10
Passport Req..
July 20/sent July 30
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 6th
LANDED..........
Aug 8th
Nope!!! not required. I just submitted a bank letter saying i have these funds on this date from cibc and rbc with their stamp and signature. thats it. Nothing else is required. no need of your 6 month statement.

I did not provide any transaction history (literally none!) And i have my PR now. Trust me

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Rahul12 said:
Nope!!! not required. I just submitted a bank letter saying i have these funds on this date from cibc and rbc with their stamp and signature. thats it. Nothing else is required. no need of your 6 month statement.

I did not provide any transaction history (literally none!) And i have my PR now. Trust me
Hello Rahul,

I am also banking with CIBC and would be getting a letter for myself soon.
Did they give you their regular balance letter or you asked for some specific format?

Rahul12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
July 18
AOR Received.
April 10
Passport Req..
July 20/sent July 30
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 6th
LANDED..........
Aug 8th
Hi

Yes. They charged me $15 for the letter. Its an official letter stating that i have this much in my checking and saving accounts. They will take 5 days to process the request.

Its the best bet. No need of any history if you are applying from inside canada. Just attach your pay slips with the bank letter and your T4 from 2014

diana0220

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Rahul12 said:
Hi

Yes. They charged me $15 for the letter. Its an official letter stating that i have this much in my checking and saving accounts. They will take 5 days to process the request.

Its the best bet. No need of any history if you are applying from inside canada. Just attach your pay slips with the bank letter and your T4 from 2014

May I know you apply for pr under what? CEC or FSW?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
diana0220 said:
I am in Canada, i cannot explain the money in my account.
I lend some money to my cousin from my husband's and my account (not joint account), and then my cousin pay back it, I dont know if I should write a letter to explain this situation.
Write the letter, but also get a notarized affidavit from your cousin stating that it was in repayment for a loan you made to him or her, or that it was a gift - whichever is true. Make the affidavit crystal clear in stating that no repayment of any kind is expected. Then get your cousin's bank statement showing the withdrawal date close to or on the date the money was deposited in your account.

Some CIC officers may trust your account of how the money got there, but some will need proof. Get as much proof as you can and you should be all right.

Rahul12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
July 18
AOR Received.
April 10
Passport Req..
July 20/sent July 30
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 6th
LANDED..........
Aug 8th
diana0220 said:
May I know you apply for pr under what? CEC or FSW?
CEC

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Rahul12 said:
Hi

Well, I am intending to provide bank letter, recent pay stubs and I think it won't hurt to provide past 6 months statement as I do not have any issue with that. My transactions are fine and the only big incoming monies are my bi weekly payments from the company. The only problem I see is lots of pages like my one month statement would be 3-5 pages so approximately I would have to upload 25-30 pages :eek: of statement ...